Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scarlett Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Oct 8, 2005, 10:14 AM
    Animal Ghosts
    Can a house be haunted with animal ghosts?

The reason I ask is because now and then I smell a strong cat urine smell around one of our litter boxes in the hall outside our bathroom. The smell is not present in the air all the time and as far as I know none of our cats have ever used the floor instead of the box.

This hall also connects to our kitchen where once when I got out of bed in the middle of the night and opened the door into the kitchen I saw a quick, white something race/float across the floor. It was just a quick, blur of white. Both of our dogs sleep in the kitchen every night fine.

At a house we used to live in 7 years ago, I know it was haunted because for instance I left a radio on in the bedroom only to go back in there a few min. later to hear (and see) that the station had been changed. I was the only person home. There were other things too, but now I can't recall any. We just learned to accept/live with them. My hubby did witness something strange too once so he knew I wasn't just crazy... lol Every morning, I'd find a cat toy where it usually never was (in the kitchen where the dog slept) and a few times found the name tag of one specific cat off his collar and lying on the floor. I'd had this cat a long time (he's 18 now) and his tag had NEVER come off before moving to this particular house.

Now, in our current house (in another state) we also wake-up in the morning to see clumps of cat hair of one of our cats strewed around usually in the same spot (our dining room). I brushed him the other day, and hardly anything came out. Weird... Is the ghost cat attacking him at night? It's sure not our 18 year old cat... lol Oh, and I know one cat toy (more?) has been missing for a couple of years or so and we've never found it yet. It was a Xmas present to our cats one year. It was a Santa Cat... Our cats loved that toy.

The only weird thing that I've witnessed myself in this house that would point to it being haunted by a person ghost is that a few times (strongly felt once) I felt someone/something brush up against my shoulder/back.
    Josh123313 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 11:30 PM
    I've heard of stories such as these now I'd just try and relax and get that room cleaned everyday if that doesn't work get an exorcist
    lostandlonely Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jan 19, 2009, 04:11 PM

I know that when my cat died in a house in Oklahoma she haunted the house
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2009, 04:27 PM

This topic is over 3 years old, wows.
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jan 28, 2009, 02:09 PM
    How strange that I came upon your story. I myself have started seeing what I believe is a black animal shadow. Its happened to me twice now. I also smell cat urine, although its been awhile since I did. Our cat meows to go down the basement all the time. Once he's down there he meows quite a lot. I know there is a lot of documentation on shadow animals. Even though my shadow is black... it doesn't mean its bad I found out. I have 3 pictures of a black shadow in our livingroom. I love it! Patti
    laura10109 Posts: 61, Reputation: -3

May 28, 2011, 01:05 PM
    I think there are animal ghosts but I always thourght animal Demons lol
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 28, 2011, 01:22 PM

Please keep an eye on the dates - this is from 2009. I realize you are 10 years old and interested in the paranormal, believe in ghosts, but you are borderline spamming the board.
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2011, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by horsebarn41 View Post
    hey judykaytee, you really are not helping anyone. she is not 10 or why would she live with a partner

Read the other posts - she's 10 years old.

I don't know why she would live with a partner.

Jul 14, 2011, 04:39 PM
    I'm the original poster of this question and I'm 58 years old thank you very much... I'm looking for serious answers here and who cares how old the question is??

Jul 14, 2011, 04:41 PM
    I'm the original poster of this question and I'm 58 years old thank you very much... I'm looking for serious answers here and who cares how old the question is??
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 14, 2011, 05:48 PM

Quoting Scarlett
    Sorry for the confusion.
    We were referring to "laura10109" who IS a 10 yr old girl we are familiar with, especially concerning ghosts or spirits.

I too (as one of the multitude who have experienced the paranormal) have wondered about animal spirits , but have been too caught up to look into it much.

But with the bonding and love that can develop between ourselves and our pets may be strong enough to leave an "imprint" in the cosmic scheme that surrounds us.

A roommate of mine and myself had a dog that I grew attached to in a big big way and when she passed it was no less painful than losing any other family member.
    Only a few days after she died I would swear it was her waking me up bumping my hand with her nose which was her way of letting me know it was time to go out.
    It still happens (very rarely) even after moving out of the area and several years passing.
    I'd like to think it is her, and hope... but cannot honestly give an opinion because I know little to nothing about animals having "spirits" or continuing life force of some kind.

But I can easily understand it if that unconditional love they consist of goes on forever. And I hope it does.

I wish I could be more help.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2011, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I'm the original poster of this question and I'm 58 years old thank you very much...I'm looking for serious answers here and who cares how old the question is???
    Everyone cares how old the question is. This question was originally posted in 2005; every time a new post is left on this thread, it gets bumped to the top of the forum.

Judy didn't say you were 10 years old. She was referring to laura10109.

You have twice inappropriately used the rating system. Please use more discretion in the future. Disagrees/not helpfuls are only to be given when the poster is factually incorrect. You're giving people negative ratings without warrant. On a thread of this nature, I really don't think they're appropriate one way or the other - either you came asking a valid question and will accept all answers, or you already have your mind made up and will disagree with anyone who doesn't post what you like.
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I'm the original poster of this question and I'm 58 years old thank you very much...I'm looking for serious answers here and who cares how old the question is???

First, AMHD cares.

Second, try reading the rules. You are using the rating system inappropriately.

Third, try reading the posts. You are so quick to jump on anyone who might disagree with you that you didn't even realize I wasn't talking to you.

58 years old and you can't figure out how a Q&A site works?

Thank you very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help ! Ghosts [ 23 Answers ]

My family has lived in a house for 15 years. It has been in the family for a long time. We have a lot of strange things happen. Doors slamming, electronic devices turning off, pictures falling off walls, and a spirit that only shows herself to my children. How can I find out who it might be?

Are they ghosts? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I really need someone to talk to who won't be biased regarding my thoughts. I'm in a relationship for 2 years now, Lester and I have a 6 month-0ld daughter and I've known him for over two years, too. I just came from a terrible, full of deception relationship from a 32 y/o man when...

Name of this animal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, could someone please identify this animal? I would appreciate it.:) http://i8.tinypic.com/25h0etv.jpg

Is this animal abuse? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that don't feed his dog and don't give him water I always do it because I feel bad for the poor thing he is always crying from starvation and thirst he looks like the owner use him for fighting because he is all scared up and two days ago he was running loose on the street and I...

Animal Kingdom [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Please what are the scientific names and classification of animal kingdom which classes and phyla are the following organisms: Bat, cockcroach, prawn, tapeworm, frog, butterfly, millipid, earthworm, bacteria, bluealgae. Thanks

View more questions Search