esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 08:33 PM
    Chili
    How to make chili with beef and macoroni
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 08:59 PM

Hm. I've never had chili with macaroni, or any noodles, in it. What else are you planning to add? Are you planning to add beans to it or is the macaroni supposed to be a substitute?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 09:20 PM

Well you really don't make real chili with macaroni, you can make a pasta dish that has either a meat sauce or even pour a chili over it, but it is really not a chili.

You have to understand there are many people who will aruge that real chili does not even use beans,
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 09:24 PM

Really chuck? Now I'm curious. Every chili I've ever tried has always had beans in it. What do others consider real chili?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 10:14 PM
    It's just chili that has beans and my mom always added elbow mac to it but I don't know how to makeck chili
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 10:26 PM

Quick and Easy Chili Recipe - Recipe for basic Chili with Ground Beef

There's tons of recipes out there but this one looked pretty easy. Truthfully, my chili never comes out right. I prefer to cheat and use a can :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 11:12 PM

Chile cook offs, never use beans, ( at least all of the ones I have ever seen.

In the official chili cook off rules, no beans or pasta may ever be used

These are two of the chili certification groups ( yes there are official rules on what is actually chili and what is not

International Chili Society

Chili Appreciation Society International

Chli is a serious business in cook offs, I have never won but enjoy the attempts.

Also

Chili: Beans or No Beans?

15thAnnualWindyCity
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 07:53 AM

There is a 'Hamburger Helper' thing, I think it might be called Chili Mac. I've seen it advertised. Maybe that's what she used to make.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overdid the chili powder [ 4 Answers ]

I need a hand here.I made chili and I bought one of those McChormic seasoning packets.I bought 1 mild chili and 1 tex mex because the store did not have the brand of chili powder I like. I think the tex mex is where I went wrong.:eek: I have only been cooking it for the past half hour and...

A good Chili Recipe? [ 20 Answers ]

I was wondering if anybody had a good chili recipe they could share with me. I was going to make some tonight and I would like a really good one. Can anyone share with me and please include the steps to. Thanks!

Some good Chili! [ 1 Answers ]

A young cowboy walks into a seedy café in Western Oklahoma. He sits at the counter and notices an old cowboy with his arms folded staring blankly at a full bowl of chili. After fifteen minutes of just sitting there staring at it, the young cowboy bravely asks the old cowpoke, 'If you ain't going to...

Chili [ 5 Answers ]

What is your fave basic recipe for chili? (I always seem to think about chili around this time of year) I say basic cause I have seen recipes with chocolate !~~YUGGH Also I was getting tired of not being able to make a good pot of spaghetti for years Especially the noodles. Then a friend of...

Chili powder [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one please help me find the history of chili powder I'm supposed to right a paper for culinary and I'm having a hard time find important info on chili powder if you can help me id really really really appreciate it

View more questions Search