Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rotsen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Noma programmable thermostat
    I have an old carrier thermostat model q674j119 or t874g1790 for my oil furnace and heat pump. I tried to change this with Noma programmable thermostat model 52-2558-8 but everythings not working.
    This was the wiring for the original thermostat:
    O -> Orange
    R -> Red
    W2 -> White
    G -> Green
    C -> Black
    L -> Blue
    Y -> Yellow

Following the directions, this is the way I have the new thermostat connected:

H2 ->
    H1 ->
    B -> Blue
    O -> Orange
    RC -> Jumper with RH
    RH -> Red
    G -> Green
    Y -> Yellow
    W -> White

Black -> nowhere

What will I do to fix this?
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 24, 2006, 06:07 PM
    I would remove the blue wire from the B terminal. Leave the blue and black unused and taped so they can't short out.
    The blue wire was on L before and that is used to flash error codes using the thermostat. This stat does not use that.
    METT Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rotsen
    I have an old carrier thermostat model q674j119 or t874g1790 for my oil furnace and heat pump. I tried to change this with Noma programmable thermostat model 52-2558-8 but everythings not working.
    This was the wiring for the original thermostat:
    O -> Orange
    R -> Red
    W2 -> White
    G -> Green
    C -> Black
    L -> Blue
    Y -> Yellow

Following the directions, this is the way i have the new thermostat connected:

H2 ->
    H1 ->
    B -> Blue
    O -> Orange
    RC -> Jumper with RH
    RH -> Red
    G -> Green
    Y -> Yellow
    W -> White

Black -> nowhere

What will I do to fix this?
    I think this thermostat does not support heat pump + furnace.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2006, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by METT
    I think this thermostat does not support heat pump + furnace.
    Your probably right. It doesn't look like it has second stage heat for your emergancy heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noma Programmable thermostat [ 14 Answers ]

I have tried to replace a conventional lever action mercury thermostat with a new digital programmable Noma thermostat. The AC works fine but when I turn on the heat, the AC come on then too and not the heat. I have no heat. This was the wiring for the original thermostat: Orange -> Y Red ->...

Noma thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a NOMA Programmable 7-Day Thermostat, but today it seems to have gone strange. I had it on the Cool and heat started coming out of the vents. I thought the air conditioning was broken, so I turned the thermostat off, but a little while later the vent came on with hot air again? How...

Noma - Programmable Thermostat - 4 wires [ 10 Answers ]

Okay.. so here is the deal , went out bought a digital themostat today , the guy at the store told me it would be easy... but I don't think I set it up right because I am FREEZING! I have 4 wires... 1-Red 1-Blue 1-Yellow 1-Green Now.. I attached all the wires correctly... however I am...

Programmable noma thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am changing a York thermostat to a Noma programmable. I have rewired transferring w to w, rc to rc, g to g, y to y . There is a wire jumper on the York that goes from rc to 4. There is no corresponding 4 on the Noma. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where the wire jumper should go if I...

Noma Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two Noma non-programmable thermostats in my bedroom. On controls the heat and the other controls the AC. My question is, why are the displayed temperatures different on each thermostat? They are literally 2 inches apart and the indicated temp on one is 1.2 degrees higher than on...

View more questions Search