Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjcosta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Frozen coils, not cooling enough
    Hello,
    I have a GE - Hotpoint Side-by-side refrigerator that has frozen coils on the freezer side and not cooling enough on the fridge side. What do you think it could be.
    Thank you for your help.
    MJ
    DemonAlcohol Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

May 29, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Umm... frozen coils. Empty your fridge and let them defrost. Should work for awhile until they freeze over again. You'll eventually have to replace them or get a new fridge.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

May 29, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcosta
    Hello,
    I have a GE - Hotpoint Side-by-side refrigerator that has frozen coils on the freezer side and not cooling enough on the fridge side. What do you think it could be.
    Thank you for your help.
    MJ
    Most likely defrost heater no good,timer or relayed relay malfunction, make sure the sensor is attaching to the coil
    tellepa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caibuadday View Post
    most likely defrost heater no good,timer or relayed relay malfunction, make sure the sensor is attaching to the coil
    Thanks for the advise
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 07:30 PM

I agree with tellepa, most likely defrost timer. Relatively inexpensive ($25-35) and easy to replace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coils freeze window ac unit. Why? [ 6 Answers ]

The coils keep freezing. I'm told it's a low freon issue from a friend. Is this true? The unit is nearing 7 years, and I don't recall having any problems with it , or ever charging it.

Water on A/C coils and pipes [ 4 Answers ]

A few days ago I found water in the floor next to the A/C unit. When I opened the door and checked the A/C I found water drops on the coils and the pipes, they were dripping into the rim around the A/C. I thought the drain was stopped up but there is too much water dripping and I don't remember it...

Carrier Furnace Evaporator Coils [ 1 Answers ]

How often do these coils need to be cleaned?

New A/C coils in old case? [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing two 21 year old Carrier AC units with new Carrier 10 seer units, coils and lines. My installer said that he will use the old cases ( as they are better constructed than the new cases) to house the coils. Is this an OK thing to do? Are there any size concerns to address with doing...

View more questions Search