Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5dfamily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2017, 05:50 PM
    Is my marriage legal?
    I got married and found out that a paper was missing from my husbands divorce. His declarations stated if either parties married before this date that marriage is null and voided. Therefore I thought I was free to marry. I married my new husband and now we are divorcing. Was I truly free to marry without filing for an annulment, Is my current marriage legal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 06:43 PM
    It is not an issue of "legal" but valid. And they would be valid, until such time you go to court and have a judge rule that it was not.

Since you got a license, had the marriage , it is valid, until such time as it would be declared invalid. (which may or may not be easier than a divorce)

The issue is a page missing is not a issue, in your husband copy. The page would be there in the one the judge signed and filed at the court house. That is the legal copy not the one your husband has.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 4, 2017, 06:47 PM
    What country is this in?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 07:20 PM
    If you are divorced on the day the judge says so, it doesn't matter what your ex husband says.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2017, 03:46 PM
    You are divorced when the papers are signed by the judge. The judge cant grant the divorce simply by saying so the paperwork has to be completed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my marriage legal [ 2 Answers ]

My husbands best man signed my marriage cert in another mans name is this fraud my husband knew of this and what can I do

Legal Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in the bahamas is it legal in the US?:confused:

Is marriage legal ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, If both spouses got married in the US and they were non US Citizen at that time of marriage, is the marriage legal ? Tks/D.

How to get legal after marriage [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I got married three years ago and we hesitated to act on getting legal because people say its hard to get papers these days? What should I do and where should I begin? I am a US citizen and my husband is not and without papers her in america.

View more questions Search