Ask
    robinson1954 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2013, 09:50 AM
    I want to start a roadside assistance business
    I want to start a roadside business how to I go about and get contracts
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 10:02 AM
    You start with coming up with a LOT more information than this... because its impossible to answer as you presented it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 17, 2013, 10:02 AM
    Far, far, far, far, far too little information.
    You don't start a business by going online and asking one liners.
    AAA and most insurers offer roadside assistance coverage, so if you are in the US, there is NO WAY you will break in.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 10:05 AM
    I'm guessing they might be in a third world country where they may need to bribe the local druglord or warlord to let him set up on their turf since this is the internet and they could be posting from anyplace on the planet they can get access.

Sep 17, 2013, 10:24 AM
    Roadside assistance
    The question is how do a person get a contract from roadside assistance providers like to do the work for them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 10:25 AM
    Where are you located?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Do I understand correctly? You want to provide the actual assistance (tow truck, etc.), thus want to hook up with roadside assistance providers whom you can work for?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 17, 2013, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robinson1954 View Post
    the question is how do a person get a contract from roadside assistance providers like to do the work for them.
    Different question and, again, insufficient info. Do you, in fact, own or work for a towing service?

If you do, then your first step is to contact national road service providers like AAA, insurance carriers etc. Ask then for their requirements to be included in their sub contractors.

Sep 17, 2013, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do I understand correctly? You want to provide the actual assistance (tow truck, etc.), thus want to hook up with roadside assistance providers whom you can work for?
    Yes

Sep 17, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Different question and, again, insufficient info. Do you, in fact, own or work for a towing service?

If you do, then your first step is to contact national road service providers like AAA, insurance carriers etc. Ask then for their requirements to be included in their sub contractors.
    Thanks
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2013, 12:15 PM
    Also, in some large cities, towing companies have contracts (or at least a call list used by officers) with the city government to remove vehicles damaged in accidents, to clear intersections and restore traffic flow etc.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 01:41 PM
    You could start by asking local garages that do not have their own towing. You could try asking at some smaller rental car companies. Usually the city tow contracts are impossible to get. They have life long companies they are connected with.
    The best way is get well known by passing out flyers. If you can fix cars on the roadside so they might not have to be towed is a plus. That's how I get a lot of work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Assistance with starting a small business [ 3 Answers ]

Who can I call to speak with someone who can tell me what I need to know about starting up a small business?

Assistance to help an ex con start small business [ 2 Answers ]

I'm an excon and I need assistance in starting a small business

Iwish to start a business but I don't have strong finincial baground for business [ 5 Answers ]

I am willing to start a business but I don't have strong baground of business famally or good finiancial support so what kind of business I do need to start I am mba(marketing) post graduate with 4 year of experience and currently working as a erp cunsultant but becase of recesssion my salary is...

Take over trucking business with established authority or start new business? [ 1 Answers ]

Starting a trucking business but have opportunity to take over trucking business with established authority mc dot #s and clean record or should I start new business with new authority dot mc #s. Any advantages to taking over established? And is it worth $2000? Thanks

View more questions Search