Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trusty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Should the Bank not release the funds of the deceased to anyone only to the executor
    Hi,

I was named executor of my aunt's will. She died dec 19, 2007. She is an American citizen living in St Kitts. She left in thhe will all her assets to me, but still when I reach
    Dec 20,2009. The Bank did not release her funds at the Bank which I found awkward, I had the will in my hand and her death certificate. Afterwards the manager of the Bank
    Came and told me the account is intact and nothing has been touch. Still after the funeral
    I found out that a lady my aunt's neighbor made her sign her name also on the account
    So my aun't account became a join acount. By the time a ask for a lawyer and probate the bank refuse to give me any detail. After a lot of letter sending back and forth the bank admit that the account was closed and all money was withdraw and can not mentioned name because of bank privacy law. I understood that the lady went with her to the bank and made her sign for her account to be closed and open a new joint account. All this happened in 6 months time and my aunt died of heart failure. So I could not executed my aunt's last wishes. I do not have money to pay a lawyer. But isn't ithere an other way that an executor can report this issue so it can be recorded or that I can still make the investigation on the Bank procedures, so with thhe record I can prove that the lady was trusted with my aunt assest because she is not written in the will. I am lost I really would like help on this case how the banklaw works and base on what and where can I go for help even if I can report this to a international institute. I do not know this need to be know. The lady could not answer me when my lawyer ask if she is planning to keep the money that is in trusted to her. The amount is not a penny but half a ton. For me it's about JUSTICE. It need to be reported.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Aug 26, 2009, 06:45 PM

Well do you know who this lady was? Sounds like to me your Aunt was talked into putting this woman's name on the account. You NEED AN Attorney. Who was helping your Aunt with her finances before her death? Sounds like to me we are not hearing the whole story...
    Trusty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 12:45 PM

Yes, I do know who this lady is she is not a stranger. I though and felt the same that the lady herself has managed to talk her into this because I was told that the lady invite a niece over but told my aunt an other story so to scared her so she will make a move. I do not have concrete prove of anything how she (the lady) did it, but the island is talking about a slick woman and her mother also did the same trick with a Canadian gentleman that was living on the island that had property and money at the Bank. I have an Attorney the best on the Island of St Kitts but she is telling me that is very costy, you will have to pay a deposit as a foreigner than if you loose or win you have to pay the Attorney 10% of the collected money. And she said remember she has in her power the money so she would not care to loose all on Attorney fee's but you don't have. Therefore I know I am not able to go to court with her because of finance but I know she took the money that was trusted to her because my and spoke to me in details what to do after her that even her funeral she lay out to me what she wants and even that the lady took in charge. My Attorney told me to go to her and see her reaction and see if I can talk to her. When I approached her I went with two witnesses ,she was angry and like upset. I told her that I understood from the undertaker that she wants to handle the funeral. She did not even let me finish and said that my aunt give her the authority to bury her. I said yes, do you have a paper? She answer very arugant I have everything. But I was very said of the death and new she would have cry out for me. I was to flew in on the 20 th of December 2007. I was so down and felt everything that I suspected very scary. It's a long story to tell what the lady did in 6 months time. I was in July till Aug 13 in St Kitts thhat was the last time I saw my aunt, and we spoke on the phone till November. The lady did not want me to talk to my aunt on the phone. In that period I though that as usual she is going her age mood again. It was very fustrated for me and than to hear my aunt died. Of course she wasn't a young lady because she had her age (90) but look 70 years old with a lot of spirit. She had her health issues but not for her to die in 6 months. Everybody can tell you even her friend daughter (70) that used to bring her up when she goes down to her with the bus. My aunt had a very high spirit and very diplomatic. She had worked in the NY Laboratory for many years.
    My aunt never had nobody to do her finances before her death, she will write down eveything in a big school note book and I will check for her when I come over. The last in May 2007 she showed me the mistake they did on the bankbook the teller made a counting mistake and she would always go by herself to the Bank or I will go with her but most of the time she goes alone and fixed it. She was very very awarded of everything and handle things very good. She told me she will let the lady cash her USA pension checks and Social Security checks so she will not need to go to the Bank. But the Bank money will be save, she even mentioned she will open a separate account for the checks. The issue here is how can I report this so it can be known.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should the Bank not release the funds of the deceased to anyone only to the executor [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I was named executor of my aunt's will. She died dec 19, 2007. She is an American citizen living in St Kitts. She left in thhe will all her assets to me, but still when I reach Dec 20,2009. The Bank did not release her funds at the Bank which I found awkward, I had the will in my hand and...

Deceased disabilities funds [ 3 Answers ]

Can I collect my deceased mothers disability?

How to become executor of deceased brother [ 2 Answers ]

My brother recently passed away and did not leave a will. He does have a 22 year old son. He has virtually no assets or debts but did have a tax return check. The Feds reissued the check to "Estate of". How do I (or his son) become the executor of his estate so that we can cash the tax refund check...

Release funds in a frozen account [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone can help it would be great. I have a bank account that has been frozen by the courts for a judgement that was entered against me. After the judgement was entered against me I filed bankruptcy. This judgement was included in my bankruptcy. I want to get the funds out of this account the...

As executor of deceased mom's trust vs family member trespassing [ 2 Answers ]

As executor of deceased mom's trust which says the home is to be appraised, sold and split between the three children. The trust deed is in my sister and my name, but we are are/were planning to divide the sale between the three of us. Our brother moved in to the house before we could complete...

View more questions Search