Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meganxoxamazing Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Why is it that the people you care about most
    Always end up hurting you? I have liked this one boy for about a year now, and he liked me too. He kept telling me yeah, we can go out soon. But he also liked my best friend of 13 years. I didn't know this, until tonight, when he asked her out. When he told me, I started crying, and he kept saying,' you didn't do anything wrong, it was a hard decision, I just liked her longer'. Well he 3-wayed her, and they both tell me, that if I'm that upset, they will end it, that they love me and want me to be happy. I don't know why, If they are my best friends, they didn't know I would be upset over this. I don't want them to sacrifice there happiness so I can be happy. But I don't want them to be together. And I hope it doesn't work out. Does that make me a horrible person?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Not horrible, but a bit selfish and childish. If they are your friends why would you not want them to be happy? They were willing to sacrifice being together for your happiness, you should just face the fact that he likes this other girl and get on with your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 20, 2007, 06:13 AM
    He wasn't mean't for you, and to wish them bad luck is selfish. Accept that they are together, and be happy with yourself.
    meganxoxamazing Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Well the thing is, I do want them to be happy if they are meant to be. And I don't want to like, cause them to break up, I just hope in the long run, it will work out like most high school relationships and not work out. I mean, as a friend, I want them to be happy, but as a person whose best friend went behind her back and started going out with the kid I like, I don't want them to be. Does that make sense?
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Don't invest as much of yourself as you can afford to loose. If your happy alone and you can be happy and keep yourself occupied your never have too many problems.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 24, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by meganxoxamazing
    well the thing is, i do want them to be happy if they are meant to be. and i dont want to like, cause them to break up, I just hope in the long run, it will work out like most high schoo relationships and not work out. I mean, as a friend, i want them to be happy, but as a person whose best friend went behing her back and started going out with the kid I like, I dont want them to be. does that make sence?
    Get over it. The boy obviously liked her. Like most HS relationships this kind of thing happens every day. It may not have worked if you two became an item. Who knows there may be a guy another friend of your's likes and he decides he likes you.. It's HS. It will pass. In a couple of months it will be something else's.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 24, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Welcome to life. High school relationship generally don't last, and you should not be upset about that. Think, your friends will be friends, sometimes beyond high school, and that's a very good part of growing up.

Put yourself in her shoes and think how she would feel.

This may be the first time you feel 'left out' and sad, but believe me, it won't be the last time, because it's all a part of growing up and learning who and what you are.

Don't let your emotions over-ride your education, and keep a sensible head on your shoulder. Look around - you'll see that you are not the only one.

Keep in touch, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Care provider or care giver. WHAT! [ 1 Answers ]

Why in some states like the Northwest and West coast fathers are viewed has the care provider and the mother the care giver, now I now the difference so don't get all technical with me, all I'm saying isn't that view and definition a little bias and favor the mother. Us as fathers have to provide...

Does he still care? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay me and my ex talk about chilling and when we do were close like show we both still care about each other but last night we got into a huge fight I guess we said everything we ever wanted to say since our breakup we both still had a lot of anger inside but he said a lot of stuff and of course I...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

Um.. I just don't know what to do.. Care to help? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I broke it off with my boyfriend of 3 months because I was listening to everyone else telling me that he didn't treat me right and that he was always cheating on me. I heard that stuff from girls completely obsessed with him, and my mom told me to break it off and then my best friend, who used...

View more questions Search