Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Almshouse Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 05:41 AM
    Gps tracking
    How do I track from computer to my handphone the gps services..
    I was using SE W715 now..

When I refer this to telco company, they said
    Refer to SE, while SE ask to refer the network

What is going on man?
    I ve just planned to use blackberry curve next?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2009, 05:52 AM

I'm not sure what you are asking? Do you want to use the GPS receiver in your phone with your laptop? Do you want to track where your phone is or what?

Jun 11, 2009, 05:59 AM
    I'm doing a research how do I track my hp
    From computer program tracking to pair devices

Have you got any idea how to activate it..

Jun 11, 2009, 06:01 AM

Still not getting it. You want to track your laptop? Does it have a GPS receiver connected to it?

Jun 11, 2009, 06:06 AM
    For example like tracking car with gps signal

Jun 11, 2009, 06:18 AM

Let me try to explain this. If a device is equipped with GPS capability it can transmit its location to one of the GPS satellites in orbit around the planet. Generally a GPS device is two way, meaning it can then receive the information from the satellitel and, using some software, display that position on a map. At the least it can display the exact longitude and latitude.

Now if you want to track where a piece of equipment is currently, then you have to subscribe to a service that provides such tracking. And the piece of equipment has to equipped with a device that transmits its location.

Some GPS devices are not trackable by just anyone. For example while your phone may be equipped with GPS, only the carrier can actually track where it is.

There are devices that come with a pay service that allows you to track locations. Some phone services sell phones for young kids that include this feature. Car fleet owners may have this in their vehicles.

So if you want to track where you HP laptop is, it needs to be equipped with such a device and you need to subscribe to a service that will allow the tracking.

Jun 12, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Much difficult to me...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tracking a TomTom Go 720 [ 6 Answers ]

My TomTom was stolen in November and someone mentioned that I could possibly track its location. Is this possible?

Is tracking cookies bad? [ 4 Answers ]

Not sure if they are or not! I ran my manual scan of the week and it says I have no viruses no spyware good to go but I have some warning and they are some tracking cookies! Should I be worried (I know as an IT student/worker I should know this but honestly don't :()

Tracking e-mails [ 1 Answers ]

How can I track an e-mail message, at least where it coming from. Can I get a freeware to do this task. Thanks Yarmouth

Tracking internet use [ 2 Answers ]

How do you track where people have been on the internet?

Email tracking [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way of tracking an email back to it's origin and getting the sender's IP. A friend recently had a problem in which her boss got a very abusive email (which they called the police about) and they wanted to know if they can track it's sender's IP. Can anybody think of a tool I could...

View more questions Search