Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Pregnant?
    OK so I am 22 days late. Never been anywhere near this late before. I have all the preggy signs, BUT if I am preggy its nothing like my first one was, MUCH milder. I just took another hpt (early response too)and it was negative. I took one test riht after I missed, 1 blood test 2 weeks ago, and now this one. All negative. Is it possible to completely miss a period? I have ony 6 more days until I will have missed a second period. I am not under any stress, at least not up until this last week. But nothing major. Does anyone have any ideas? If I miss my second one, I am going in for a second blood test(because of the link that myth and I found and she posted;0) and if that comes negative I am going to go to the doctor. Has anyone had this happen before?

PS> I have breast tenderness, got to pee a lot, hunger change, slight weight gain, bloating, fatigue, moodiness, constantly thirsty, nausea, major motionsickness, hot flashes, etc.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 30, 2006, 05:18 PM
    For you, I certainly hope so...

Since each of us is different, and each pregnancy also, it's hard to say, but I sure hope that by the end of this 'missed period' you'll go see your doctor and get the reassurance you need.

Good luck dear, and let us know what happens.

Will be crossing my fingers for you!

aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jun 30, 2006, 05:21 PM
    How old are you? Could you be going through peri-menopause? Just a thought. Maybe Google it and see what you come up with. They say at the age of 27 there is a measurable decrease in a woman's fertility. Everyone is different.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2006, 09:58 PM
    Thanks Chery, I really could use to best wishes and finger crossing. I my friend just told me that she is preggywith her second(our kid are about 10 months apart) after being off the pill for only 1 month.(she was on it for a year) while I am so happy for her, it is also hard for me, in the fact that it is taking so long for us. But like I said, I am definitely happy for her, at least she hasn't had to deal with this long wait. Aqua I am only 21. I have had one child already, he is almost 2. so I would certianly hope that pre-menopause is out of the picture. I will definitely go in to the doctor if I miss this second one. Its just too weird. I have never had anything like this happen. If I am not preggy, I just wish this darn af would show up so I could stop wondering and get it over with. Its pretty annoying never knowing if its just gonan spring on you at the most inopportune times
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jun 30, 2006, 10:05 PM
    I agree, you are very young. There is such things as false negatives... but so many? I think you should go see the doctor. They can check into everything. I really hope you receive your wishes soon. Take care.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 1, 2006, 11:54 AM
    Originally posted by BuggagePS> I have breast tenderness, got to pee a lot, hunger change, slight weight gain, bloating, fatigue, moodiness, constantly thirsty, nausea, major motionsickness, hot flashes, etc.
    I too certainly hope that you are pregnant. You have been trying so hard. But let me fill you in on a few of the symptoms.

Breast tenderness, absolutley possible and one of the first indicators.

Got to pee a lot - an indicator, but not until around the second semester, around 4 months. The reason for this is the growing uterus presses on the bladder, prior to the second trimester the uterus is not large enough to cause this symptom.

Hunger Change - possible, but not a strong indicator.

Slight weight gain an bloating - differs for every person, but again is not a strong indicator during the first or second months.

Fatigue and moodiness - quite good indicators that you are pregnant.

Constantly thirst, motion sickness & hot flashes could indicate problem other than pregnancy.

Nausea - very possible for some women. Although some women like me never experience one about of nausea, others are nautious from day one.

Buggage, I suggest you go to the OB/GYN and have a complete hormonal workup done. There seems to possibly be some hormonal issues at play that are causing these problems. Hey, he may even tell you you are pregnant. Some women do not get a positive HCG until around 12 weeks of pregnancy.

Good luck, keep us posted.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2006, 07:58 PM
    Thanks all. Yes I will be going to the doc if I do not startby Saturday the 8th. We'll have to see what is going on. Today my hubby,(who has been pretty nonchalant about this in the past, until we know for sure) lookeed down at my stomach while we were talking, and he suddnely said " wow...your stomach is getting bigger. is there something going on in there or what?" and I was kind of shocked because I thoght I had been gaining some weight in the tummy area, but I figured it was all in my head. But he noticed and I didn't even say anything about it. So apparently I am getting fat... haha. I go for 1 hour walks every day, (sometimes more, sometimes less) and with a toddler, you are always active, so I don't know what is going on. I know that if I was preggy, I would only be like almost 2 months along, and that seems way to early to be showing... so, I am totally lost. I mean, its not a MAJOR weight gain all of a sudden, but seems that over the past few weeks my tummy has been getting bigger, little by little. My pants still fit fine, and everything, but I just have a little bulge now. I don't know. I will be happy to finally get everything figured out and in the open. Perhaps I just missed a period all together and will start again on time?

Ps, in my first pregnancy I had frequent urination in the first few months. It is commonly thought that that only happens when the uterus is enlarging and pressing on your bladder, but I was told by my doctors that the changes in hormones trigger the frequent need to run to the bathroom. Just thought I would share that, because I see that a lot on here.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jul 1, 2006, 11:33 PM
    I still think you are and that it's just not showing up yet. If you are it's a girl. Lol. Just my prediction.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Hehe, thanks Myth! You're a sweety. WE'll see. I actually had a dream last night that I went in for another blood test, and they told me that they only did the quanitive tests, and they did the beta or whatever it is called, and it turned out I was. HAHA. But dreams reveal your deepest wishes to you , when you are at your most willing time to listen. Sleeping. SOOOOO it doesn't necisarily mean I am from my dream, but its what I want. And you're girl prediction, I do want a girl next. Hahaha. So that would be hilarious. I only have a few more days until I can go in again. If I am not preggy why is my tummy getting larger. But if I am preggy, isn't it too early for me to be showing anyway?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 2, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Good Luck, we really hope to hear that you are pregnant. Revealing dreams like the one you had are very common in pregnancy. Has to to with hormones and the like.

If you are not pregnant, you could be experiencing some bloating that could be due to excess menarche (blood lining the uterus). However, if you are pregnant, and we all hope you are, It is never to early to show.

All depends on first of all your weight. But mainly the way your uterus is laying this time around. For my first two I did not show till 4 months, my third one I did not show till 7 months. My last one I was showing at about 12 weeks. So each pregnancy is different in every way.

Good luck, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Myth, what is up did not get a call from you today. Hope all is well.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2006, 05:59 PM
    Thank you again everyone. Yeah, I didn't show with my first until I was like 5 months. I weight 107 before I got preggy. I ended up gaining 35 pounds.( I had terrible morning sickness up till then) I was all tummy mainly though. Last I weighed I was about 120. SOOO,, I don't know. I hope that my dream was a preggy induced dream and not just wishful thinking. Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate being able to talk to someone.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2006, 10:39 AM
    Well I called the hospital this morning to find out what kind of test they used. They told me that they just used the beta test which is what I was afraid of.(thats what I dreamed about the other night, and I had to find out if it was true) the beta test is no better then the home tests. It just tells you possitve or negative. They said that I couldn't get a quantitive test(which tells you how high a level you have ) unless it is doctor ordered. SOOOOO looks lik ei'll have to go to the doc anyway

Jul 3, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Better safe than sorry girl... get in to see a dr. I'm crossing my fingers still... kind of makes it hard to type this way but hey... let us know what's going on with everything.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2006, 10:03 AM
    Heh thanks everyone. I was suppose to start again today, but I haven't, so I am going to planned parenthood today for an exam, I will report on what I find out when I get back. Wish me luck!
    Hoping4aBFP Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Jul 6, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Good luck today girl! Let me know what happens!! :)

Jul 6, 2006, 05:07 PM
    Good luck... waiting to hear from you...
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Jul 11, 2006, 05:03 PM
    HI buggage, I sounds like you are to me, but like chery said you should make an appt to see your doctor he really is the one who can give the answers you need.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2006, 09:41 PM
    Well, I'm not. I started my period yesterday morning. But it's a strange one. I'm still really nauseous and weird feelign and its lighter then they usually are. But very crampy. Thank you so much for the support though
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Jul 13, 2006, 12:23 PM
    No problem, sorry things didn't go well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search