Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citizen legal Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 06:02 AM
    Bank loan or other
    Is it better to get a mortgage loan directly through the bank or should I go through a real estate company?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 4, 2009, 06:22 AM
    If you have good credit then I've found that it's better to get a mortgage loan from a bank. Mortgage bankers and mortgage brokers are great if your credit isn't wonderful since they have many different programs to choose from. Banks are usually more conservative with their lending policies but they tend to have less fees and their rates are competitive.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 4, 2009, 06:54 AM

A real estate cpmpany does not do loans directly and only refer you to a lender. They sometimes get incentives to pick one company over another. I would start with the bank and then compare it with other lenders. In my case Chase offered the same rate of 4.5% but had about $900 less in fees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contacting CEO of the bank for a loan [ 5 Answers ]

So, here is the story. I've applied for a loan three times before. First time I was denied because I had unknown debts on my history. I paid those off. I applied again, I got denied because I had insufficient credit, third time I came with a co-signer. And they decided that my co-signer was...

Bank Loan default [ 1 Answers ]

I received a Personel Bank loan of $6,000.00 for my upcoming Wedding. Two days before found her cheating and called it off. Went on the Honeymoon to Mexico by myself to get away and think things over. Spent the balance of the loan and the rest of my savings trying to forget. Ended up...

Can a bank draft be cancelled by a bank if the purchaser is in default on a loan? [ 1 Answers ]

I had recently purchased a bank draft from a bank to which I owe a large sum of money. I'am overdue on the minimum payment and the bank has started to make noises about taking legal action. Due to some reason the recipient has not deposited the bank draft yet. Can the bank legally cancel the...

Bank loan [ 3 Answers ]

My loan officer is threating me because my insurance was cancelled then after that I got in an accident now he is going to call the cops can he do that

View more questions Search