Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

Jan 30, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Child Support Court
    Me and my child's father have a child support court date for Feb. 12th
    Currently he is only making $9.00 per hour (we are in the state of NC by the way)
    But here in a couple of weeks he will be going back to work doing block work making $17.00 an hour.
    Im sure he is not going to be going back to work doing the blockwork until after Feb 12th. So my question is... is there anyway I can have this hearing postponed until he is making the $17 an hour or can I mention this in court on the 12th and they will consider the upcoming change of income?
    Thanks in advance
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Mention it in court on the 12th.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 06:32 AM
    I would mention it in court on the 12th. Anytime there is a change in income or jobs that party is supposed to notify the courts. But of course many many people don't because the courts won't go looking for it.

You could also call the courts and request a continuence of the hearing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Ask the court for a postponment or have your attorney do it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Don't do anything and keep the court date as it is. You can't charge a person with what you think they are going to do. Leave it alone until it happens or he doesn't have to take the job and you don't have to complain he's making more money. Your case can get reviewed after a period.. some places you can modify every 2 years.. some places less I believe. But then you have proof of a job and wages otherwise you have nothing.
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Feb 1, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Is this something that switches every year? For example, does he make $9.00 an hour during the winter and $17 during the summer? Or when he goes "back" to doing brick work, is it a permanent thing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Can you ask for child support on a child if you OWE support for the same child? [ 13 Answers ]

We have had custody of my daughter for 12 years. Tons of things have happened in those years. My daughter has truly shown her true colors. Three years ago she went to live with my mother, who I gave legal guardianship to. She has now done the same things to my mother. She is almost 17 years old and...

Do you have to be summond to court for child support. Or custody ? [ 5 Answers ]

In the past two months I have lost custody of my son and now they want support payments. ALL WITHOUT ME KNOWING. I have not received anything in the mail and no summons for this. My ex told me court is next week. I don't know what to do. I am willing to pay the support but I am mad they did...

View more questions Search