Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports
    I should like to connect two Windows XP computers
    via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary
    To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another
    With sharing HDDs ets?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2005, 05:51 AM
    You'll just need a crossover cable (e.g. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...5887&doy=9m11D). You won't need any extra software. Windows should be able to deal with that.

As for sharing hard drives etc. that's also very easy. This should get you started: http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Direct Cable Connection using Ethernet ports. [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to connect my LAptop to my Desktop at home. I know we should use a cross-over cable to connect the Ethernet ports. But I have no clue as to what are the steps / procees I should follow to mak this connection happen. I would like to have the step by step procedure as what is to be...

My Computer [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me?? I have Windows XP Home Edition Hewlett-Packard, when I got my computer I didn't know I was suppose to create a recovery disk. My problem is that I clicked on system recovery and now my computer is completelt blank. It keeps telling me to insert a disk but not too sure what disk...

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Computer Help For Everyone [ 8 Answers ]

If you need computer help and your answer cannot be obtained here, I used a great website to help me with my computer questions. They are very friendly and reliable. Please visit them! If you have any questions feel free to reply to this post. Thanks

View more questions Search