Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Maryland Violation of probation
    OK in march of 2005 he was arrested for CDS: POSSESSION-MARIHUANA when he went to court in April of 2006 the judge gave him 1 year PBJ to be up in April of 2007. In May of 2006 he was arrested again for CDS MANUF/DISTRIBUTE then went to court for that in January 2007 where he received 3 years probation. In February of 2007 a month later they issued a violation of probation warrant for him. Then when he went to see his Probation Officer in March 2007 they arrested him for the warrant. He has been locked up since 3/06/07 with no bail until he goes to the violation of probation hearing. The hearing is scheduled for 4/4/2007. What will most likely happen at the hearing because again the probation is up on 4/12/07. I know I can ask his family but we are not that all that great of friends right now and I guess since we are not getting along they do not want to tell me anything. I was just wondering and also the courts reopened some nolle prosequi cases from back in 2002 I am not understanding that either 2 handgun wear and carry 1 1st degree assault and an unauthorized use of livestock motor vehicle. What is the system trying to bury him. I was also wondering what will happen to the 3 years probation if he does get violated and may have to do time. Please help I know it is a little confusing if you need more information just contact me thanks in advance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2007, 10:41 AM
    The system is merely doing what it does, charge people for the crimes they break.

First on the probation violation, he will most likely have to serve the sentence they were given probation for.

It will be up to the judge as to the entire situation.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmore
    What will most likely happen at the hearing because again the probation is up on 4/12/07. What is the system trying to bury him
    Hello b:

You asked two questions. You assume that his probation is up at the end of a year. It isn't. That date stops when he's violated, and he can be made to serve the entire year in the slam. I'll bet that's what happens. His 3 year probation sentence will probably run concurrent with that, but maybe not.

Is the system trying to bury him?? Uhhhh, YES!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation [ 5 Answers ]

I failed my urin test for the 2nd time. Is it natural that they ask for jail time? They want to give me 60 days or 30 in work release. It just seems that it would be after 3 when you get jail time? Is there anything I can do to avoid jail time?

Probation violation? [ 3 Answers ]

Im in Florida, I'm on my 8th M. of a 1yr probation.I missed 2 appts. Last year. The 2nd time I was told I'd be violated if I missed 1 more. The officer seemed fair. Last week I missed an appt. they told me to come in on the 31st. My wife and I are concerned. I need to know if there's a list I can...

Probation Violation in FL [ 5 Answers ]

HELP, please!! I just received a letter from the Clerk of Courts stating that I am in violation of probation and there is a warrant for my arrest. They also returned my money order for payment of fines. Apparently, I did not pay the fines by the deadline. I have contacted my attorney, however,...

Probation Violation ? [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing well on probation for drug sales.Made it to mail in,had to report every third month.Got in trouble with CPS.failed a drug test with CPS.When time to report to PO.I got scared because of failed test with CPS.It's been 5 months since contact with PO of any kind.What am I looking at,and...

Probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Dose any one know if a probation violation is filed when youer arrested for a new charge or after you plead quilty to the new charge ?

View more questions Search