Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KRIS1011A Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Windows Vista error after update
    On my windows vista laptop, an update came up and I pressed restart now and then it took ages to update and do everything, but when it turned back on again it said I had an error and could only log on to my main user. If I tried to log on to the other 3 users then it said "group policy client service failed to log on" but main problem is that I cannot run simple things like the internet, paint, msn, itunes, games, Google earth and much more and when I try it says win/system/HID.DLL is either not designed to run... pifsvc.exe bad image no response. I CANNOT FIND MY DISC THAT CAME WITH MY LAPTOP SO WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO? :confused:
    mr206 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2008, 01:16 PM

This is usually because of a profile issue. Here's a way to resolve the issue:

In Windows Vista you have to access User Accounts, in the Control Panel. Then, in the left taskbar you have "Configure Advance User Profile Properties". There you can see all the users and respective profile types (local and roaming).

It's in the roaming profiles you have a problem. When it tries to logon, it isn't a authenticated user, so, the server rejects it.

In User Accounts, you have to select "Manage User Accounts", and Add an user for that computer. It asks for Username and Domain, fill in the blanks and try again...
    ... or you can remove profiles from your laptop and the issue will disappear.

Nov 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr206 View Post
    This is usually because of a profile issue. Here's a way to resolve the issue:

... or you can remove profiles from your laptop and the issue will disappear.
    :(no luck still same message again , 'system not designeed to run on windows or it contain an error,try instaling the program again using original installation media... WHICH I DON'T HAVE, LOST IT ,CAN'T FIND IT... who should I contact for help , bit short of money to buy new disc ,No connection to internet to download or check my system.Can I get any windows wista disc and use product kay number on the back of my computer?:eek: thanks for help

Nov 19, 2008, 11:12 AM

You may... what kind of laptop is it and how old?

Nov 19, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Laptop is ACER ASPIRE 5720 series ,8 months old:)thanks for quick response

Nov 19, 2008, 01:54 PM

Ahh.. good. If it was over 1 year old, you'd have zero chances.

So you can do a few things:

1- If you bought it somewhere like Best Buy, you can take it to them; they can sometimes accept it for the manufacturer's warranty and/or assist you with the issue.
    2- You can contact Acer and request service under the terms of the manufacturer's warranty. Now, this takes a little longer and it may not work, because the issue is Windows related; Acer may not want to deal with it.
    3- You can take it to Best Buy and have the Geek Squad guys look at it.. I've never done so, but I'm told their services are effective and not too pricey. It's probably cheaper than a Windows disc.

If you still have the paperwork/guides that came with the laptop, that's a good place to start to find out where to contact (Acer). I don't know if there's another fix you can do yourself... so maybe someone else will post a fix to the problem. From what I've seen online, it's a profile issue, so you have to remove or fix them; otherwise, you have to reinstall Windows.

Nov 20, 2008, 09:10 AM

Thanks for all support ,will try today to take it back to the shop to start with...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error code 19 in Windows Vista [ 4 Answers ]

Received error code 19 when installing the driver for Canon Printer MP970. It has something to do with corruption or missing data in the windows registry. Would appreciate any help you can give me.

Windows Vista error [ 5 Answers ]

Cannot, create, file, c:\windows\system32\lang\wzrdlang.bin

Error sending email with Vista (windows mail) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding trying to attachments. Whenever I try to send something or sometimes I try to reply on certain things I have a box that comes up and won't ever let me send anything. Why? This is what the box comes up and says: host XXX could not be found, subject, account, POP3...

Windows Vista Premium Error 8024402C [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Unable to get Microsoft Windows Update, error 8024402C on Windows Vista Premium with Norton Security. Michel..

View more questions Search