Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdpgroup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 02:21 PM
    Was my computer hacked into
    What would cause the Author of my word documents to be someone other than me. I have several word documents that I produced for school and now months later the name of the author is not me. Could someone have hacked into my computer and did something. All document with the wrong name are from a one class and I'm suspecting someone copied them off my computer is that possible.

Clint
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 03:30 PM

Did you do a "properties" check on the document files to see when they originated and when they were last changed?

Usually right click on the file and bottom of list choose "properties" and then you will see a tab called "details". See if it is inline with what your thinking? Also is there multiple users on your machine or are you networked with others and has that file been shared?
    jebug29 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 08:39 PM
    Also there was some setting in MS-WORD that set the author, and if someone previously owned your computer/installed MS-WORD then they probably put their name on it. I don't remember quite how to fix it, but I hope that info helped.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2010, 07:56 AM

Go to tools-options-user information. You can change the author name field there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got hacked again! [ 8 Answers ]

Two weeks ago I couldn't open my hotmail mail. Didn't pay much attention then cause I don't use it that often but 3 days ago I also couldn't open my second life account. It was registered on that mail so I got my ex boyfriend to hack it. It took 2 days to hack the mail with brute force and I...

My computer hacked by someone [ 4 Answers ]

I think my computer is hacked by my friend.he was working on my computer and I think he has left some program on my computer by which he can get info about all my usage.How can I confirm it.. please help and what can I do?

Did I potentially get my computer hacked? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a website I visited because a friend had sent me a link to it, although I found out later it was because he had been hacked and the link was sent to me automatically. But I clicked on it, and it wanted me to enter a bunch of personal information, and I did not. Instead I just hit the back...

How can I know that my computer is hacked [ 4 Answers ]

How can I know that my computer is haked is that possible to hack any computer tell me how to prevent it

View more questions Search