Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachael_valley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Did I break my ankle or foot?
    So I'm a cheerleader and spraining my ankle is nothing new to me. But at camp this week, I came down on it and I heard a loud crack and I fell to the ground. It felt like a normal sprain at the time, but that night I couldn't put any weight on it. Its been two days and I am able to limp around on it, but my foot is swollen all around, not just my ankle. The swelling goes to my toes and its bruised on both sides of my ankle. Normaly it only bruises and swells on the one side. Besides that first night, the pain has been very minimal. Not nearly as bad as my normal sprains. I've heard that when you break or fracture your foot, it doesn't hurt as much as when you sprain it. My parents think its just a sprain and won't take me to the doctor. I was just wondering what you might think I should do.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Sounds like you really should go get an x-ray
    axdwdrgc Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Apr 29, 2012, 11:28 AM
    You should get an x ray cause if a break doesn't heal properly it can effect you for the rest of your life. It's better to be safe then sorry. It sounds to me like you broke it. I've broken my foot before and the same thing happened to me it hurt the first night but not that much the rest of the Ike. I ended up going to the doctor 5 times before they saw that I broke it because there was very minimal swelling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot and ankle "bone brusie" [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bad bone bruise or stress fracture to the talus and cuboid bones in my Left foot. Depends on which Dr. I ask one calls it a bruise one calls it a stress fracture. I was hard casted for 3 weeks and in a cam for another week And then back in to a hard cast again now for another 4 weeks....

Foot & Ankle Pain [ 2 Answers ]

My husband ( 56 yrs. Old ) fell about 2 yrs. Ago and injured his left foot and ankle he went to the doctors, she gave him a coritsone injection the shot gave him some relief for a little while she also fit him for inserts to put in shoes but they caused him to have more pain. It's 2 yrs. Later and...

Did I break something? (foot) [ 2 Answers ]

I sail for a living on cargo ships and am unable to get to a doctor or land at that matter for about 3 days and I had a boo boo. A 200lb steel roller fell and hit the side of my foot in the bunion area (I do not have a bunion though) this happened about 4 hours ago and now it is swollen, discolored...

Did I break my ankle? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok so I was walking across my in-laws farm and I stepped in a hole, my ankle bent and I heard a loud "POP" like when you crack you knuckles. I instantly fell to the ground. It hurt so bad!! I laid there for awhile, my husband came to my side and took off my shoe. After about 10mins I was able to...

Painful foot and ankle rash. So swollen I can't even walk. [ 2 Answers ]

I am so freaked out. Yesterday morning my feet, ankles and lower legs broke out into a red, itchy flat almost hive looking in one spot and bumpy in other spots rash. It's not on the bottoms of my feet, but everywhere else on feet and ankles. As it gets higher it spread out in random spots of...

View more questions Search