Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lkharvill68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Question about toilet leaks
    Just installed a new toilet and it does perfectly until we put the lid of the tank on, then it leaks at the base.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 02:29 PM
    Leaks all the time or only when flushed? All the time is likely the two brassmounting bolts. Use no caulk but double check the instructions to make sure you have the several washers in the right squence. Tighten until there is aonly a very slight wobble or wiggle between the tank and the toilet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet leaks [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot seem to get my toilet to stop leaking. I have tried putting 2 wax rings down but the problem is the flange sticks too far up out of the floor. What can I do?

New toilet leaks around base [ 3 Answers ]

I just finished replacing the floor in a bathroom with tile (previously was vinyl). I added a flange extension to the toilet flange to raise it due to the higher floor height of the tile.\ I have set a brand new toilet twice now and both time it has leaked around the base. When I pull the...

Toilet leaks [ 2 Answers ]

The intake hose on the toilet is leaking. I have tried to replace the gasket. Now it is worse

Toilet leaks [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. My tenant just phoned to say that the handle of the flush leaks when it is flushed. She also is noticing water around the base of the toilet. Just checking in to see what I should look for when I go over and what some possible solutions might be? Many thanks, JD

Toilet leaks at handle [ 9 Answers ]

Help, the tank fills up too much, all the way to the handle! And then starts drip drip dripping outside the handle connection into a bucket! But I notice that when the toilet is used a lot (flushed) it does not doing it as often, I guess because it takes a while for the tank to fill up to the top...

View more questions Search