Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msoli Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2011, 10:02 AM
    Old SEARS Homart 600 furnace
    I've managed to turn the pilot ON but the burners don't come on even after I turn the temp. To 90D on my TM? Also, the pilot Knob is missing a screw (I can pulled it off) and some sort of plug? (there's 2 holes on the sides of the Knob) does anyone know what kind of screw fit in there and what goes in those holes? Lastly, I can smell gas, I sprayed a soap and water mixture as advised and notice bubbles coming from the side of a metal plate which the pilot Knob sits on. Should I replace the entire valve?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2011, 11:19 AM
    Sounds like a very old furnace, when gas furnaces get old sometimes they can get very dangerous,, I believe I would have a professional come out to help you, the life you save could be your own,,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Series 600 Wall Furnace Manual/Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a property with the Sears Kenmore 600 Series Model 867.733531 wall mounted natural gas heating unit that isn't working right. The burner starts when I switch it to automatic, but the fan won't start and the heat doesn't shut off on high heat. The fan only comes on in manual mode. I...

Sears 600 furnace blower will not cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sears 600 furnace; the burner cycles normally, but the blower is constantly on. There is a summer / auto switch that will basically turn off the furnace when on summer; no cycling at all. Any Ideas? Thanks.

Sears wall furnace 600 series [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a problem with the thermocouple not allowing the pilot to stay on. That's fixed. Now.. the furnace takes a long time to heat up... approx. 4-5 minutes before the fan will even turn on and the air blowing out doesn't feel very warm. The furnace ran for 45 minutes and did not heat...

Sears Homart furnace - very old! [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought a house with a Sears Homart Gas fired furnace, model # 867.761831. The instruction manual that I found here does not show the actual model we have. I and my brother in law have tried repeatedly to light the pilot light with no success. It burns on natural gas. We've made sure the...

View more questions Search