Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:52 AM

Fr. Chuck sent me an explanation of reddies, thank you. Otherwise, I don't know where you are posting the rules you keep referring to, JudyKayTee...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Fr. Chuck sent me an explanation of reddies, thank you. Otherwise, I don't know where you are posting the rules you keep refering to, JudyKayTee...

They have been posted in at least two of my responses to you - proving (A) you don't read my responses (which is your prerogative); or (B) you don't read any of the follow-ups.

I am not going to research to find them. If you are interested, you can take care of that.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 12:29 PM

That fine. I don't find your criticisms are typically very helpful anyway - I find them kind of snide and curt and lacking in respect and courtesy. No offense, but you might give it some thought as the point of this site is support and help, not finding fault with others and trying to make them feel stupid and ignorant.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 01:17 PM
    That fine. I don't find your criticisms are typically very helpful anyway - I find them kind of snide and curt and lacking in respect and courtesy. No offense, but you might give it some thought as the point of this site is support and help, not finding fault with others and trying to make them feel stupid and ignorant.

No offense here either but you have given some very bad legal advice (I find your advice, other than legal, to be questionable, but those aren't "my" territory), gone off on tangents which are not helpful, read info which is not posted into a post and responded to it and been generally disruptive.

That support and help - on the threads which are not discussion threads - is supposed to be correct.

As far as respect and courtesy - people earn both. You started with reddies, totally uncalled for, for me and other people and now you are looking for respect? Again - it's earned.

I don't think I'm curt - I do think I'm to the point. Sorry of my bluntness offends you. If you're going to work in the legal profession you're going to have to grow thicker skin because most Attorneys and law firms don't put up with whining about unfair treatment and also don't have much tolerance for people who don't read/follow the rules.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 01:34 PM
    I don't know how you managed to miss the umpteen times that Judy provided you a link to the site rules for the rating system.. In fact, on one particular thread, she provided you with the link to the rules, only to have you disagree with her improperly on the same post.

I don't know if you just don't want to read the rules, or can't understand them... you say now that Fr_Chuck explained them to you, when you were already pointed in the right direction... I really am at a loss.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 01:43 PM

Other than misunderstanding the purpose of reddies, I've had very little negative feedback. That was a mistake, which I've explained to you enough that someone like yourself who is all knowing and superior to the rest of us should be able to get off it.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Other than misunderstanding the purpose of reddies, I've had very little negative feedback. That was a mistake, which I've explained to you enough that someone like yourself who is all knowing and superior to the rest of us should be able to get off of it.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them.
    1) Never once said, or even implied, that I was superior and/or all-knowing. I DO, however, know how to click a link, read rules and guidelines as they are posted, and then choose to abide by those same site rules.

2) Public forum. Please don't start with the childish "If you don't like me, then ignore me" stuff. I can read what I want, when I want. And if you're wrong, you'll be called out on it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 01:48 PM

dontknownuthin agrees: I won't push disagree - God forbid. I made an error, I've apologized, she's still criticizing me and in this case, got on my case for apologizing for making the error she was on my case for before. Does it end?
    Sorry, telling people that they're rude, curt and lacking in respect and courtesy is NOT an apology... not sure how you even were able to put that one together.

Edit: It never ceases to amaze me - someone posts something incorrect on the Law forum, gets called on it; rather than posting in other forums where opinion is much more acceptable, they continue to argue with other people about what's wrong and right.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    Sorry, telling people that they're rude, curt and lacking in respect and courtesy is NOT an apology....not sure how you even were able to put that one together.

"She" is not the only one who got reddied; "she" is not the only one who got an apology; "she" is not the only one who complained.

Now if we could only find out who "she" is.

And, like you, I'll read what I want, where I want, and respond in kind.

I'm getting more and more curious about this "Masters Degree" program with accents on dealing with staff, people in general.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 03:46 PM

Your post wasn't up yet when I wrote my reply... I was referring not to you but to JudyKayTee. Sorry that the timing of the posts coming up made it appear I meant you - I certainly did not.

I had already acknowledged and apologized for my error with the "disagree" feature to JudyKayTee, had told her I won't post on the legal area any more, and have been complimentary at other times to her but she seems to just look up everything I post anywhere on this website and always appears to have a negative thing to say, often with a disrespectful tone, so yeah, I lost patience with her... not to drag you into it, too.

And while I'm not too dumb to follow a link, either, I do have a lot going on as we all do, and I didn't do it... sorry again. And again, my intention in being part of this website is to help and be supportive. Hard to do when I feel attacked.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 03:52 PM
    Hard to do when I feel attacked.
    So then you know how it feels when people, who have been posting on this board for years, kindly ask you to follow the rules, only to have you choose not to do so... apparently, because you're busy. We're all busy - a majority of members post in their free time and do it so that they can assist someone, somewhere.

I joined to ask a question; I stayed because I have something to share.

Sorry if you feel attacked, but we feel the same way.

EDIT: I don't know how you missed my post; I posted at 3:34 and your post, which you say was addressed to Judy, was posted 9 minutes later..
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 04:00 PM

It's not unusual to do an MBA with a specialty focus, mine is in paralegal work. Check with a local university and you will find there are a lot of people who target their degree in a particular field or industry. In any event, I'm not posing as a legal expert. I brought up my area of study in unrelated strings, not as some kind of qualification as a legal expert. My comments about family law were based on my former experience as an adoptive parent and a custodial parent, and as an advocate for other adoptive parents - not as an attorney.

Let's bury the hatchet and move on, shall we?
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 04:02 PM

I would love to, although I'll admit that I'm thoroughly confused about why you're bringing up your "MBA with a specialty focus"..
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 04:05 PM

I missed your post because I was writing mine, was interupted, then finished mine without seeing what was posted in the interim. I joined for the same reason and have no issue whatsoever with you, this. And at this point, I don't have an issue with judy either... we've all said our peace, and I think we can move forward. I had no idea that in posting on a website that I was making this huge commitment to know all these rules - I would guess a lot of people don't. I just thought disagree meant disagree. I thought a forum about a legal topic was to have a discussion, not such a narrow focus on specific and reliable legal advice. My bad, sorry... let's move on.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 04:18 PM

This, I brought up my MBA in response to JudyKayTee's comment that she's getting "more curious" about my course of study.

She has at various times she's questioned my educational path - three times this week alone. She questioned if it's possible to do graduate coursework in paralegal studies, which it is. And why anyone would want to do that instead of law school, for which the reasons are as unique as the individual. On this string she is questioning my course of study for a third time, saying she's becoming more and more "curious" about it.

I can't speak for everywhere but in the Chicago area, there are four different types of paralegal programs available. One is an associates degree, typically through a community college. Another is a bachelors degree, offered by a limited number of universities including Roosevelt. People who already have a bachelors degree in another area of study can get a certificate, which is a graduate program - not a graduate degree program but a graduate certificate program. And, if you have a bachelors, you have the option of pursuing an MBA, and some schools permit a focus in a particular profession or industry, which I have elected to do. Like most programs, there are core requirements and there are electives and there is a final project. Electives and the final project focus on the chosen specialty area of study.

Anyway, I didn't make it up and just wanted to make that clear given the insinuations.

Thanks again.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2009, 10:42 AM

Because this has long ago stopped answering the OP's questions and has turned into "he said/she said/she hurt my feelings" it is time to close.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 5, 2009, 10:55 AM
    >Thread Closed<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sneaky boyfriend [ 7 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for four years. Last year me and my friend made a fake myspace for fun with a girl's picture on it. Then a month later the password was changed but I didn't think anything of it. But recently Ive been getting emails about that page since it was registered with my email....

Sneaky Apartment Complex Woes [ 4 Answers ]

During the heat wave this summer, my air conditioner gave out. Not only gave out, constantly froze over. My apartment complex, whose responsibilities include the AC unit, heater, and other basic utilities and their upkeep, fixed the problem _temporarily_. They stated that they had arrived at...

A sneaky nature... [ 18 Answers ]

My husband of 30 years has fantazied with every woman he comes in contact with, even as we are together. He sneaks winks, touchs and speical connections with any woman, regardless if he knows her or not. It seems to be a challenge to see if he can get them to respond. When we are in public he is...

View more questions Search