Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jake ohern Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Riding mower sputters & back fires when blades are engaged
    My 2002 Scotts 1642h lawn tractor stalls sputters chokes & backfires when blades are engaged but will operate at low speed or w choke on and resume running smothly when blades are disengaged. The carb has been cleaned thoroughly, new fuel filter and plug.got any suggestions ?
    Solarrigger2000 Posts: 62, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 05:13 AM

Check all pulleys and belts, something may need to be lubricated
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 10:22 AM

Your carb may have been cleaned but that doesn't guarantee that it does have a speck of junk in it. I've rebuilt carbs and still had the problem. A $190 new OEM carb was my final solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding mower blades go out of sync - hit each other [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 11 HP Craftsman riding mower. It has a 40 inch mow deck with two blades. I have recently worked on the mowing deck - replacing some bearings and the blades. When I put everything back together, I insured the blades were 90 degrees off from each other. After I start the engine and...

Mower dies when blades engaged [ 2 Answers ]

Just purchased a brand new craftsman 27hp 50" zero turn. Cut a 50 yard swatch when the engine choked. After finally restarting, the engine stalls and quits whenever the drive levers are moved out of start/park or when the blades engaged. Help :mad:

MTD blades will not engage on riding mower [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Lowe's MTD mower. The blades will not engage.

Honda Riding Mower - New Blades [ 5 Answers ]

I recently change the mower blades, now the mower doesn't cut grass, the blades engage and rotate... however they are not cutting or discharging anything..

View more questions Search