Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayjay Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Settled accounts removed from credit report
    Hello everyone,

I reviewing my credit report, I noticed some discrepancies. Two in particular, related to two settled accounts, which did not reflect that I had paid the charged-off accounts. I tried for months to get a the collection company (Arrow) to correct it, to no avail. I then filed a complaint with the BBB because of their inaction. They (Arrow ) has since sent me a letter verifying that the accounts have been satisfied. However, because they did not respond to the inquiries made by the CRA (Experian), the two collection accounts have been completely removed from my credit report altogether.

I remember reading somewhere that it was better NOT to have collection accounts on your credit report at all, so I am trying to figure out if I should forward the letter to the CRAs verifying that the debt has been satisfied and requesting that they update my credit report to reflect this, or if I should leave it as is.

Opinions?:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2007, 10:58 AM
    If they were removed from your report, leave it alone. You are not responsible for mistakes that the credit bureau makes.
    kayjay Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 12:58 PM
    True,

But since the original creditors don't have those accounts listed as paid, not having the "settled" collection accounts listed makes it look like I never paid them off.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Ahh that's different. You didn't indicate that. Then by all means send them a copy of the letter and ask ethem to mark those accounts as closed or settled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trade Line Accounts vs Credit Report [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal to add "Trade Line Accounts" or aged Credit Accounts to your Credit Report in order to raise your FICO score and if not way are there companies advertising to add Trade Lines to your credit report will rase your FICO score 200 points in 30-45 days. Most of the companies advertising ...

Credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody now where to get a free credit report and score when you have no credit card to give them Thank you Demon

Credit report help [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I was listed as an authorized user on a family member's credit card. This account has turned into a collection account and I found out that it has affected my credit report negatively. I want to get the fact straight before I decide whether I want to...

Credit Report [ 4 Answers ]

When I went to refinance out of my ARM the mortgage firm I delt with said that I had some things on my credit report that shouldn't be there.. What steps do I take to rid this problem?

Credit Report [ 2 Answers ]

If you purchase a vehicle at a buy here pay here lot and they don't view your credit to get this vehicle can they report a repossession on your credit report years after the vehicle was taken back?

View more questions Search