Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 01:17 PM
    Quid : we will retreat swiftly and forcefully .

"We were clear-eyed about the risk. We planned for every contingency."

The buck stops with me.”EXCEPT, I will blame everyone else and then tout the Bin Laden killing, which I opposed!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2021, 01:38 PM
    "We planned for every contingency but this one!"

Well, the good news is they're setting records at the southern border for illegal crossings and have no control over the latest Covid spike. No...uhm, wait a minute.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 02:17 PM
    Is Jen Psaki the new Baghdad Bob ?

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 03:12 PM
    The White House has planned for every contingency, even joining the Taliban
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2021, 03:15 PM
    Latest headline. "Biden admin plans transfer of power to Taliban killers once fighters agree to treat women better"

Earth to Biden. I think the transfer of power has already pretty much taken place.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 03:19 PM
    Yeh, like that is going to happen afterall you have their word for it
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2021, 03:44 PM
    You mean the Taliban can't be trusted? We really should let Mr. Biden be aware of that.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 04:12 PM
    I was wrong ... Madam Mim wins the Baghdad Bob award

"The President is to be commended for his strong leadership and exceptional focus on bringing American military involvement in Afghanistan to an end. He does so ensuring that Americans and our Afghan partners make it to safety as soon as possible"
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 05:05 PM
    Yes now your retreat, eh! rout, is complete. You can focus on other things, such as repelling the hordes on your southern border. Oh wait, you already tried that and have been routed there too. You should have kept Mexico when you conquered it. The Aztec revenge is at hand
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2021, 05:25 PM
    Bitterness must be such a heavy burden for you.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 05:36 PM
    No I'm lighthearted, can't you tell? I don't carry burdens whereas you carry the burden of manifest destiny

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He does so ensuring that Americans and our Afghan partners make it to safety as soon as possible"
    one C17 does not an exodus make, someone should tell Joe to wake up
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2021, 05:43 PM
    Yeah. That must surely be it. “Lighthearted”.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 06:07 PM
    Remember the words of the 23rd Psalm
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 02:40 AM
    one C17 does not an exodus make, someone should tell Joe to wake up
    consider this scenario. There is NO security check of the Afghans that have swarmed into the airport. All that is needed is one suicide bomber clinging to a C-17 as it attempts to lift off . Evac operations over . The military there would have to forcefully clear the runway and set a hard perimeter at the point of the gun. Video that goes viral is a smoldering C-17 ;dead civilians ,and US troops firing on Afghan civilians .

The person who decided to leave Bagram and to attempt an evac from an airport in the middle of the city should be executed .
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2021, 04:48 AM
    Just an unbelievably incompetent and botched evacuation/withdrawal. It's as though no one put one ounce of thought into it. This is after Biden promised us all that the withdrawal of our forces would not result in the same experiences we saw in South Vietnam.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 04:50 AM
    After he blamed Trump ,the Afghanis ,almost anyone else for the disaster he said "the buck stops here " .
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2021, 04:52 AM
    "The buck stops here after, of course, it first makes a couple of dozen stops elsewhere, by which time it is only worth a nickel."
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 04:52 AM
    He said he was just following Trump's policy. If that is so then why didn't he adopt other Trump policies like closing the border , prosperous economy , tax cuts etc. ?
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2021, 04:54 AM
    Was he incapable of formulating his own policies? You know, like he did when he opened the military to TG's?

Where have all the liberal dems on this site gone? Did they just give up?
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 05:23 AM
    Here is another interesting factoid . Khairullah Khairkhwa, a Taliban commander, was released from GITMO n 2014 by the emperor in exchange for deserter/traitor Bowe Bergdahl. Khairkhwa was part of the Taliban delegation that negotiated the final terms of the withdrawal of US troops. .

Others released along with Khairkhwa were Mohammed Nabi, who served as chief of security for the Taliban in Qalat; Mohammad Fazl, who according to Human Rights Watch allegedly presided over the mass killing of Shiite Muslims in Afghanistan in 2000 and 2001; Abdul Haq Wasiq, who served as the Taliban deputy minister of intelligence and Mullah Norullah Nori, who was a senior Taliban commander in Mazar-e-Sharif in 2001.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama's foreign policy [ 82 Answers ]

What should we make of Obama's foreign policy? He was set to 'restore' America's standing in the world but it sure seems to me the administration's foreign policy is about as clear as mud. Foot dragging on Iran's freedom movement, snubbing the French, irritating the UK by transferring Gitmo...

Huckabee :Foreign policy [ 4 Answers ]

When I read the Huckster's foreign policy essay at 'Foreign Affairs 'Mag. Why did I think I was reading Democrat talking points ? Foreign Affairs - America's Priorities in the War on Terror - Michael D. Huckabee On diplomatic relations with Iran :Huckabee's fantasy about negotiating...

Our FAILED foreign policy [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: I wonder how long Bush going to continue to appease 1) Mushariff, 2) Abbas, 3) the Saudi Royal Family, 4) Hamas, 5) Olmert, 6) Al Qaida in Pakistan, 7) Syria’s Assad, and to a lesser extent 8) Mubarak in Egypt? I wonder why our Secretary of State is going to the Middle East instead of...

Foreign policy [ 15 Answers ]

Why so much concern over foreign policy when it is dictated by domestic policy. So if we are unhappy with foreign policy we should analyze our domestic policy.

Inconsistent foreign policy [ 16 Answers ]

Why do we do business with China which is a communist country and refuse to do business with Cuba and pressure other nations not to do business with Cuba because it is a communist country? BTW We also give aid to communist North Korea whenever it promises not to build nuclear weapons.

View more questions Search