Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geo19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Well perma PAD20 Tank is full of water
    The tank filled up with water. When I checked the air pressure, water came out. So I drained down the water and then refilled the tank with 40 psi air.

Is it normal for this to occur or is the bladder most likely leaking.
    Will I end up having to change the tank.

Never changed the tank before, not sure I know how.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 15, 2009, 12:18 PM
    When I checked the air pressure, water came out. Is it normal for this to occur or is the bladder most likely leaking. Will I end up having to change the tank.
    The membrane in the tank's ruptured. (see image) and you must replace the tank. I've put up how a bladder tank operates,(see image) so you will have some idea of its function.
    Changing the tamk will be a simple operation. Simply purchase the same bladder tank and replace fitting by fitting. Don't frorget to Teglon Tape the threads, Good luck, Tom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 04:25 PM

Tom is correct, you will need a new tank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switch to turn off water pump once the tank if full [ 1 Answers ]

We live on top of the hill. Water is pumped from down below. Our water pump stays on even after the tank is full. How can I make it turn off once the tank above is full? Are there pump switches that turn the pump off once the tank is full?

Water pressure against tank height and tank water capacity [ 5 Answers ]

Normally the head pressure of water is .433 pounds per foot of head. Is there any change in pressure by changing the tank water capacity. e.g. if two tanks of 50ft height having water capacity of one is 10,000 gallons and other one has 20,000 gallons. What will be the water pressure difference...

Cold water tank full of hot water [ 3 Answers ]

All the cold taps upstairs and the toilet are now running hot. Cold water tank in the loft is full of hot water! Help!

Water in toilet does not shut off when tank is full [ 2 Answers ]

My husband fixed ( hahaha) my toilet about a year ago and ever since then the water does not shut off once the tank is full. Is something set up wrong? I am having to turn on the water at the main valve, fill up the tank, flush, then turn water back off every time I use the toilet. Please help me.

Toilet has no water. Tank is full. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ! We have a second home. After not being there for several weeks we noticed that the upstairs toilet had no water in it. The tank is full but the toilet is empty. What could be the cause of this? Is something clogged? Thanks Mimi

View more questions Search