Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 16, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Fading hair color with dandruff shampoo
    So, as much as I advise other people against it, I faded my hair color with Head and Shoulders. It got almost all of the dye out of the bottom half. So the top is dark, the bottom is light. It looks horribly damaged. If I dye it again, will the top half even receive the color?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 17, 2008, 02:37 AM
    Yes, it will. As your hair is now more porous. But if you do colour your hair, you'll find the colour will fade quicker due to the porosity.
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 03:36 AM
    So the whole color should be uniform? Honestly the color fading won't matter as I'm dying it a color that is very close to my roots. I want to get it all one color, get a trim and then leave it the heck alone so that it'll heal and start growing.

May 17, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Which bit of the hair would you say is more damaged? Or is it damaged through out?
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 09:27 PM
    It's not damaged at all... it looks damaged because the ends are a lot lighter than the rest.

May 18, 2008, 02:03 AM
    Okay.
    It should be all right.
    Hope it turns out good. :)
    Vision Expert

May 18, 2008, 02:56 AM
    Thank you. I hope so too!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 03:39 AM
    I am like so glad I don't go through this anymore. It isn't that I don't care about my appearance, I will never stop doing that, but I turned gray at 40, saw a pic of myself, all tanned up with gray hair and thought 'UGH' and started dying it blond. It worked great because my hair was gray and when the blond faded it all blended in, so didn't have to worry about roots. Now at 65, I have lovely hair, and I don't sweat it if I don't dye it for a few weeks. It is definitely a load off my shoulders. My point is, I used to agonize about cut-style-colour. Now, I am happy with what I have and it is very nice the way it is.

You girls will reach that polint to and it is absolutely SO LIBERATING.
    Vision Expert

May 19, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    I am like so glad I dont go through this anymore. It isnt that I dont care about my appearance, I will never stop doing that, but I turned gray at 40, saw a pic of myself, all tanned up with gray hair and thought 'UGH' and started dying it blond. It worked great because my hair was gray and when the blond faded it all blended in, so didnt have to worry about roots. Now at 65, I have lovely hair, and I dont sweat it if I dont dye it for a few weeks. It is definitely a load off my shoulders. My point is, I used to agonize about cut-style-colour. Now, I am happy with what I have and it is very nice the way it is.

You girls will reach that polint to and it is absolutely SO LIBERATING.
    Yeah, that would be great but I have ridiculously uncontrollable frizz, I'll never be able to just NOT WORRY about it.
    Vision Expert

May 28, 2008, 09:06 AM
    It turned out exactly how I wanted it... thought I would update you!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 28, 2008, 02:23 PM
    I am glad you had success with your hair HipChic is pretty good (as we don't have prettylady anymore) it is great to have a good substitute.
    Vision Expert

May 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
    I agree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best anti dandruff shampoo for color treated hair [ 5 Answers ]

I have a lot of dandruff I also color my hair, is there any good anti dandruff shampoo which is safe for color treated hair:)

Best dandruff shampoo [ 8 Answers ]

Hello My hair seems to be really dry lately. What is a good dandruff shampoo?

Artech Hair color shampoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I used Artec color depositing shampoo thinking it would wash out in 1 shampoo (like the brown hair mousse). My blonde/light brown highlighed hair is now red... can you please let me know if this shampoo has semi-permanent or permanent color? I used the chocolate brown shade. I've washed my...

Shampoo for color treated hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I have a quick question. I dye my hair red - it's more of an orange/copper color, really. I do it myself, but when I had it done in a salon a few months ago, the woman who did it sold me the Aveda shampoo/conditioner for copper hair, which is really good for keeping the color in but really...

View more questions Search