Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maple1025 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2005, 02:48 PM
    DLL initialization failed
    Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message:

Vrixvz.exe - DLL Initialization Failed -
    The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown.

Recently I updated my Windows from "Tools" option at top of IE menu. But it doesn't help.

In order to get rid of this crap, I spent more than four hours updating my windows. Somebody helps out, please.

And, I am serious. Don't erase this post! (I found my last post disappeared) :mad:

And, do you think it is safe to use "windows DLL error fix" or similar product from the internet?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 15, 2005, 05:34 AM
    The message indicates that a program is trying to run, but it can't because Windows is in a shutdown state. I don't see that file on my Win XP system (you left out a key piece of info, your Windows version). Nor does googling the name show anything. Have you tried running anti-virus and anti-spyware utilities?

Also you don't update Windows from the IE Tools menu so its not clear what you did.

Finally, if you were more careful with language, maybe your posts wouldn't disappear.

Apr 15, 2005, 08:43 AM
    The reason I updated my windows through the tool options because the follow reply posted by Elina.

Re: "dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QQAple, psi42 is on the right track. The site he link is a pretty good site about solving that dwwin.exe problem .

Here, this site tells you what it is:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,640479,00.asp

You can disable dwwin.exe which is a Dr. Watson error-collector and reporting tool, in your registry like so:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug

Or you can download dwwin.exe to try to repair it, here:

http://ausgereifft.architektur.rwth...P/SP1/i368/drw/

Otherwise, try also doing WINDOWS UPDATE from the "TOOLS" option at top of IE menu .

Anyway, would that be safe if I use "PC Mighty Max---free DLL Error" or similar product?

Let me know if you have diffecult time to understand my English. I am not a native speaker.
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Apr 15, 2005, 11:24 AM
    Just go to add and remove option and remove this program from your PC, or type msconfig in the run program option and demark the option of this program issing DLL program from the startup menu

Cheers mate

Apr 15, 2005, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maple1025
    the reason I updated my windows through the tool options because the follow reply posted by Elina.

Otherwise, try also doing WINDOWS UPDATE from the "TOOLS" option at top of IE menu .
    But there is no Windows Update option on the IE Tools Menu. Windows Update is on the Start menu.
    ---------
    Whoops, I apologize Maple. Apparently that is a new feature with SP2. I didn't have that option on my office machine, but I do have it on my home PC. But it doesn't matter where you do it from, Start Menu, IE Tools or just go to www.windowsupdates.com.

Apr 17, 2005, 09:11 AM
    I have updated my windows but it didn't help.

I can't find DLL program from the add/remove option.

"type msconfig in the run program option and demark the option of this program issing DLL program from the startup menu"--------what's "msconfig"?

Could anybody tell me whether it be safe using "DLL error fix" program from the internetf?

Apr 17, 2005, 12:13 PM
    Msconfig is a Windows utility to configure what happens at startup.

Apr 18, 2005, 01:02 PM
    Msconfig is a tool to add and remove startup programs as well as windows services , if you still having problem with that DLL missing file just go to the starup menu and type msconfig in the run window , just deselect the program which fails to start at the startup of windows.
    pretty_in_pink Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2005, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Msconfig is a Windows utility to configure what happens at startup.
    Thank you for the answer... I asked about the se.dll thing... anyway, do u think typing msconfig at the run window will help me stop the "can't load se.dll" thing that I'm having?

Apr 20, 2005, 12:12 PM
    Just do it

Apr 22, 2005, 08:21 AM
    I clicked "Start", then open "Run", then I typed "vrixvz.exe", then I clicked "OK",

Seemed like the computer tried to run it but gave up in one second. The window closed by itself.

Apr 8, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drali77
    Msconfig is a tool to add and remove startup programs as well as windows services , if you still having problem with that DLL missing file just go to the starup menu and type msconfig in the run window , just deselect the program which fails to start at the startup of windows.

I type msconfig in the run window, then a window pop up said, "can't find the file 'msconfig' or one of its components.":confused:
    y2krum Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Sounds like you need to do a clean re install

Apr 8, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Teach me. How can I do it?

Apr 9, 2006, 05:45 AM
    What version of Windows do you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message: Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down. The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown... I was lucky enough to capture the message using a...

Can't turn off computer: dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help I can't turn off computer I get this message Dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed The application fail to inilalze because the window station is shutting down And please help and I need step by step help because I am not to good at thiscomputer stuff And thank you listing...

Network access to one shared printer has failed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a windows network. Computers are Win98SE #1, Win98SE #2, XPsr2 #1 and XP sr2#2. I have USB printers attached to 98SE #1 and XPsr2 #1. Printers are shared. System in place for approx. 2yrs and has worked fine. About 3 weeks ago XPsr2 #1 had difficulty accessing the printer on Win98Se #1....

What does failed initaliztaion(0xc0000005) mean? [ 2 Answers ]

What does failed initalization(0xc0000005) mean? I have installed tried to run then uninstalled/then reinstalled it again Dungeon Siege 2 and I stll get this message and the program won't work. I even spent 45mins w/ a Microsoft tech on this problem and he even couldn't figure it out. Has anyone...

Failed toilet vent inspection( Help!) [ 11 Answers ]

We have a newly constructed building(bathhouse) added to or home septic system.It has a shower stall,toilet ,sink,kitchen sink and hot water heater added on.Every thing passed inspection except the toilet(even the waste line to the septic passed).The inspector said its NOT holding pressure.It...

View more questions Search