Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geraldine15 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2010, 07:48 AM
    I'm from mauritius ,green card holder,but no american pasport yet ,can I travel out
    I from mauritius,but I'm living in Guam us.Im also green card holder.I want to travel to my country for 2 week ,but I don't have american passport yet .Can I travel with my passport from mauritus and return back with any issue?

Nov 11, 2010, 07:57 AM
    Im a green card holder living in guam us with no us passport,can I enter the usa
    Im a mauritian living in Guam us I'm ,married to a us citizen ,I'm green card holder,can I travel to another state in USA
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 08:01 AM

Obviously as a green card holder you CAN'T get a US passport. You have to be a US citizen to get a US passport. Guam is a US territory... who issued the Green card?
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 08:24 AM

Duplicate post to... https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/visas-...sa-524904.html

Post a question only once.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 08:32 AM

Questions merged.

Nov 11, 2010, 08:37 AM
    Im a green card holder living in guam us with no us passport,can I enter the usa
    Hi sorry ,as my english is a bit poor I think I make a confusion with the word holder,soi should say I'm own already my green card,and I have my
    I-512L -Authorization for parole paper,but I do not have my us passport yet ,but I have I still have my mauritius passport,so can I enter the usa without any issue.

Nov 11, 2010, 08:46 AM
    Im from mauritus island ,I'm married to a us citizen ,I have my green card valid for 2 yrs,but I do not have my passport yet ,can I travel to my country for 2 week and retrun back .
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 09:00 AM

Comment on RickJ's post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you mean

I'll answer it for him, You posted this question two times under two forums... you should ask it only once. He took both threads and made it one.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 11, 2010, 09:02 AM

That's a question for your home country immigration.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 09:03 AM

You won't GET an American Passport until you are granted citizenship. You will never have a Green card AND an American Passport at the same time.

So you should not be expecting one until you have made your application, have passed through the required procedures and are given a date for your citizenship ceremony. At that time you can get an American Passport.

There are restrictions for green card holders to how long you can travel outside the USA before they are revoked. It is much more restrictive than it used to be.

Unless your green card was issued with restrictions to Guam only (it probibly wasn't)... then you should be allowed to travel in the USA
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 09:25 AM

You should be able to travel... You have a passport from your home country Mauritius, You have a green card that allows you to live in Guam, That should allow you to travel without a VISA into the USA... and it's a path to citizenship. Now if you leave for too long you may not be able to return... I don't think you plan on leaving for a LONG trip.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 09:59 AM

Two weeks is allowed. They did this to stop people who get a green card then leave the US for 11 months out of the year... people that do that will have their green cards revoked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green card holder how do I travel in/out of US [ 2 Answers ]

I got an permanent resident vise in may and moved to the USA, when I came in the immigration clerk stamped my passport with a stamp that says its valid for one year from today. I'm expecting to go on vacation to europe in June and would like to know what I need to do to be let back in to the US?...

Travel conditions for a green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

If I have a green card, how long can I be out of the country? What are my travel allowances and restrictions, if I have green card?

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search