Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HARVEY3781 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Job applications
    Is it legal for possible employers to ask if a person has been charged with a crime? I thought it was just if you'd been convicted of a crime? What if the person has been charged but not had their day in court yet? Or what if the charges end up being dismissed?
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Oct 10, 2008, 02:09 PM

Don't put it on there. They only ask if you have been convicted of a felony and you answer that question honestly. Have you been CONVICTED of a felony? No, not yet. (if you even have a felony) If you have been convicted of a felony then you need to put it on there because then if they ever find out that you have lied on your application you can lose your job. Don't ever offer more information than is asked by an employer. If a question is asked however, answer it HONESTLY, or it could come back to bite you in the butt. Good luck.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2008, 04:28 PM

Employers only ask about convictions. Being charged with a crime does not count as charges could be dismissed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are lasers? Its applications and uses? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to write a page (A4 size) full answers of this question

Lease applications [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal to require an applying applicant to produce their bank account numbers on a lease application?

Antivirus applications to get rid of [ 2 Answers ]

I have some antiviruses on my computer and I get a system pop up saying I have some antivirus pplications on my computer I have mcafee but it didn't ge rid of antiviruses. I was wondering if you guys had da scoop on some free online downloadabe virus scan sites where it would get rid of my viruses??

Applications of the fotogrametria [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I need to know where find references about "fotogrametria" in internet

Running Applications [ 3 Answers ]

What is 'ntoskrnl.exe'? In my Running Applications window for Sygate (Firewall) it has five entries: PROTOCOL / STATUS / LOCAL PORT / LOCATION UDP / LISTEN / 445 / C:\WINNT\system32\ntoskrnl.exe TCP / LISTEN / 445 / ...

View more questions Search