Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Has2LoseWeight Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Desperate for tips on maintaining a weight loss routine
    I thought I would repost this as the title including 11 stone seemed somehow misleading to me but anyway...

I am female, 16 years old and weigh 22 stone. It is a ridiculous amount of weight to gain and I know that to lose 11 stone will take years but I am willing to try. I would like to know some tips on how to keep your mind off snacking on sandwiches and carb foods and also fizzy/soft drinks like coke and sprite etc. Because these are my major downfalls. Also tips on how to stay on track of dieting and how to get back on track if you do happen to slip off for a minute or two. Usually if I do exercise for a couple of days or so I tend to get pains in my arms and legs and also get tired what sorts of foods should I be eating (examples of foods, portions, time of days to eat, amount of times to eat and what is in them that makes them help would be good to know thank you) and of course I know water is the best drink and I will try very hard to stick to that.
    Thanks so much.
    Hope you have great answers that will help :)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 9, 2008, 01:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Has2LoseWeight
    I am female, 16 years old and weigh 22 stone.
    So you weigh 22 x 6.36 Kgs = around 140 kilograms. That is called extreemly overweight and morbid obesis. You daily run the risk of heart faillure. How could you let that happen? At an average height of 1,8 meter your weight should not exceed about 83 kilograms or around 13 stone. (And at 1,6 meter this becomes 65 kilograms or 10 stone)

But let's stay positive : let's see what can be done :

I would like to know some tips on how to keep your mind off snacking on sandwiches and carb foods and also fizzy/soft drinks like coke and sprite etc.
    The only proper and really effective way is willpower. I do not know if you live on yourself or with others. If on yourself it is easier : SIMPLY DO NOT BUY THAT STUFF ! What you do not have at home, you can not eat nor drink in the weak hours...

Also tips on how to stay on track of dieting and how to get back on track if you do happen to slip off for a minute or two.
    I just replied to someone else with diet tips, so let me repeat these tips to you :

Losing weight means a negative result of the subtraction of calory intake less calory use each day.
    A woman requires around 1500 calories (a male around 2000 calories) per day to stay on weight. That includes EVERYTHING that enters your mouth!!

Even a cup of tea without sugar without milk contains calories!!

Your daily intake should include things like vitamins and other "musts" : you do NEED veggies, you do NEED proteins, and - yes - you do NEED some fat daily.

===

What you should do : make a list of EVERYTHING you eat and drink on a day. Including water (of which you should drink at least 2 liters each day).

Calculate from that list the total amount of calories entering your mouth.
    See where you can reduce that intake. Out goes chocolade, out go cookies, out go alcohol, out goes sugar, out goes cola and any other sweet softdrinks, out goes any fat (there is much hidden fat in foodstuff - more than enough for your daily intake). Reduce intake of other carbohydrates , INCLUDING pasta!! And no more quarter pounder burgers with mayo and chips on the sideline ! Forget the existence of MacD and BurgerKing ! If you ever want to eat a burger : prepare it yourself ! KNOW what you eat !

In stay veggies and some limited amount of protein. Eat daily a salade of lettuce , tomatoes, and cucumber. Eat daily at least 3 pieces of different fruits. An apple a day... And that is only on the intake side!!

===

Now the outgoing side :

While you reduce the intake of energy, you now also have to increase the loss of energy inside your body, and the only way to do that is by burning up fats and carbs.

START EXERCIZING!! Use a bicycle instead of your car. Walk instead of using other means of transportation. Go to a gym. In your spare time take up a delivery job : start delivering mail or advertising stuff : besides that it uses energy, it also makes you fit.

Make a list of all the things you do on a daily basis, and see where you can change your habits to one in which you use more energy.

===

People who run a (half) marathon eat the day before a pasta meal to get a lot of extra energy in their body to consume the next day. But if you eat pasta and do not run that marathon, you add another pound or so to your body weight.

The problem with dieting is that most people have no idea how their body functions and how and why they keep gaining weight. Now : at least I gave you the basics of that.
    It's up to you now to reduce that calory intake, and increase that calory consumption !

Success !

:)
    Has2LoseWeight Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Something's going well I've lost a stone since first post :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need weight loss tips and support [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 years old. 5'0 and 140 lbs. I would like to be 125 by the end of June so that gives me... 8 weeks. Is it possible to lose 15 lbs in 8 weeks? Is this a realistic goal? I currently have a personal trainer that I will be meeting with once a week and I plan to go to the gym an hour a day for 5...

Healthy but Effective weight Loss Tips? [ 8 Answers ]

Im Looking for Tips in losing weight and getting Toned With A Period of 5-9 Months I've Tried different Things But loose interest Im 16 and No this isn't a peer Pressure issue Or Trying too Look good For Anyone but Myself :) But I'm Not too active and want too be more healthy Does anyone Know...

Weight loss tips during the Holidays? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, and happy Holidays! Well, Since it is the holiday season, I dotn want to pork up,so portion cotnrol! But! I would like to lose 10 pounds. Now I am at a good body weight, I am average but I would just feel better knowing I got rid of an extra 10 pounds :)> Does anyone have some...

What are good quick weight loss tips [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone... OK, here's the thing. One of my best friends and I are throwing our birthday parties together on Apr.14th. I'm not fat nor am I skinny. I'm what I like to call thick but I have these "luv handles" that I want to get rid of asap. Can somebody, anybody please tell me a good healthy...

Dramatic weight loss produces saggy skin: any tips? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was overweight ever since I was a young girl, and eventually went up to 200 pounds by the time I was 18. Before I turned 19 though I joined a gym and changed my eating habits and was able to lose 70 pounds, but I'm still left with seriously unsightly and cumbersome saggy skin on my belly and...

View more questions Search