Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
    This is true
    Is that a radiation shield in your shorts, or are you just glad to see me?

A Swiss clothing company has generated a buzz in the blogosphere by coming out with a line of underwear beefed up with silver threads to protect a guy’s private parts from cellphone radiation.

I thought the main concern and health risk from cell phones is brain cancer from the radiation. I've wore underwear on my head before but I was drunk. Would these underwear protect me from brain cancer causing radiation? Do cell phones really affect your sperm count?
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 22, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Haha :D got to love you magprob!
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

May 22, 2007, 07:09 PM
    So, where are people putting there phones any how! And to think, all this time I have been using my phone to talk with.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Well, now that you mention it, and knowing that they vibrate... HUMMM! There could be more to this than meets the eye.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
    The first time I put my cell on vibrate, put it in my front pocket, and...

Well you get the picture. I LOVE to put my cell on vibrate. LMAO, I think I will go do that now.

I hope someone calls.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Don't... don't... don't... hangup!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Oh baby ring please ring!! Yes ring, don't hang up.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
    :eek: Im shocked ;)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 11:39 PM
    A general way of looking at it is that the microwaves used heat up the cells in your body by oscillating some of the molecules at somewher near the resonant frequency.

If you speak for hours on your phone with the handset held to your head, you're running the risk of brain damage. If you use a headset with the phone in your pants then you run the risk of your little swimmers being damaged!

There's very little risk when you're not in a call, as your phone isn't acting like a continuous source until that point. It might keep intouch with a base station every few seconds but nothing huge.

As the radiation dies in intesity with the square of the distance. The exposure to your head is much lower if the phone is in your pants compared to next to your ear.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    :eek: Im shocked ;)
    Then I have done my job. Goodnight.;)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Sleep tight dear Mag xxx
    terminator05 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Well, you know cell phones DO vibrate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just have one wish. Can it come true? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a person who never asked for much in my life, and I have done my best to take care of my family, and be a good, loving person. I only want to ask for one thing, my ex boyfriend back. Since we ended 3 months ago, the light has gone out and I find little joy. He sometimes emails me or sends...

Is it true [ 1 Answers ]

I went on holiday when I was 16 to the canary islands, when I was there I made friends with a scotish lady who was maybe in her late 40's, She started talking about strange things that no one would have known. The first thing strange that she said was 'you don't live with your parents do u' I said...

The one true me [ 15 Answers ]

The short time I have been on this site has taught me so very much. I also do feel all of your pain and wish to the heavens it would disappear for all of you. Tal said something incredible yesterday (when doesn't he :), that just really struck me. It was about knowing who you truly are. So, it...

Is this true [ 15 Answers ]

A mate told me that you can tell whether your partner has cheated by the colour of their sperm. She said when it clear / transparent it means that they has sex recently... meaning if you know you hadn't sex with them in a while it could mean that :confused: While if its white in colour means...

Is this true? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone I'm 23 years old and I have irregular periods sometimes and a friend of mine told me that this could prevent me from ever having children is that true? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search