Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlaw428 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Social security check garnishment
    About 5 years ago my brother took out a student loan and my father co signed. My brother past away about 3 years ago. My father is semi retired. He works 30 hrs a week. They are garnishing 25% of his salary. My father just found out he has cancer and has to quit working. His only income will be is retirement check. Are they able to garnish his social security check. He lives in Florida.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 06:05 PM
    For student loans I believe they are allowed to since it is a student loan.
    With your dad's circumstances and all maybe they can do something.
    I would talk to them about it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social security garnishment [ 8 Answers ]

I live in Md and on Friday when I went to get our ss disability money out of our account, I found out the account was frozen due to a judgement. I contacted the bank and informed them that this account was protected(it is only used for ss disability deposits from ss) and that half of the money in...

Garnishment of social security [ 2 Answers ]

Are credit card companies able to garnish social security monies... even with a judgment? Are they able to take those monies from a bank account?

Social Security & Garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a joint bank account with my sister and we both deposit funds into this account. My Social Security check is automatically deposited each month. I have just received a Garnishment Notice from the bank that all the funds were taken out of the account for an old credit card debt I have, but...

Social Security Garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Can creditors garnishee a person on low Social Security. In other words can a Social Security Check be garnishee? Also can a bank account with only social security in it be attatched?

Garnishment of Social Security [ 4 Answers ]

Is garnishment of Social Security income by credit card companies legal in the State ofTexas

View more questions Search