Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nailbreak Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward?
    :cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Are you talking centreline of the gum or the boney ridge?

Dec 5, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Flossie,
    1. The bony ridge in the center of the gum, where my teeth used to anchor. 2. I realize that biting edge of the tooth on natural teeth normally angle outward, but I have noticed some natural teeth angle inwards. 3. I was thinking that if my lower denture teeth were more inline with the bony area of my gum, rather than a 5 mm angle, that I would get a better bite without so much plate movement. 4. My dentist keep suggesting implants.

Thank you
    nailbreak
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 05:09 AM
    A lower denture is always a nightmare. It will never fit as well as an upper denture. I agree with your dentist, impants would be the answer. I know they are costly but if you have years ahead of you it will be the best investment you could make. The longer you wear dentures the more bone you lose and the more ill fitting the dentures will become.

Dec 6, 2007, 09:08 AM
    1. Thank you Flossie, I was just hoping that there was some secret to the lower denture fit. I was quoted $12,000 for the lower implant.
    2. Do you have a suggestion on implants?
    3. Is reasonable price range I should look for? (My gum & bone is in pretty good shape.)
    Thanks,
    nailbreak
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 12:41 PM
    How many implants were being suggested? Were they planning on replacing each tooth individually or making an overdenture (snaps onto a bar that is supported by 4 implants)?
    When spending that kind of money, make sure you find someone who is very qualified in implant and dentures, get a couple of estimates but remember the cheapest may not be the best. "You get what you pay for"

Dec 6, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Thank you Flossie.
    1. Yes, 4 implants.
    2. Who would be my best contact? Like Chanmber of Commerce or Dental Association?
    3. I am in Irvine, California.

Thank you,
    nailbreak
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Word of mouth is always best. Do you know anyone who has had implants and been pleased with the results? You could contact your state Dental Association and ask them who in Irvine is doing implants and then meet for a consult with 2 or 3 of them. Many will have a "brag" book. It will show before and afters. When you decide to go with one of the dentists then call the state Dental Association again and ask if there have been any complaints filed against that particular dentist.

Dec 13, 2007, 08:15 PM
    I shall work on your suggestion. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my teeth sharp? [ 9 Answers ]

Wondering how much its going to cost me to get my canine teeth sharpend and how to keep them strong and sharp?

Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 7 years old . Her front teeth has fallen out naturally at the age of 4 years, but the new teeth is not coming out still. Is there any problem with her teeth or should I wait for some more time.

View more questions Search