Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magadith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2004, 05:42 PM
    Constant blown altanators
    I have a 83 Pontiac Recaro edition Firebird and it keeps blowing the altanator. I bought 3 this month. I charged the battery full before wiring it up, made sure the clock is correct, and it still fails after a day. Does anyone know what cause's this?
    raymond47 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2004, 04:54 AM
    Re: constant blown altanators
    Check and see that all the wireing to the alternator is in good condition. Have the battery checked as a bad battery can really put a load on the alt. Has somebody looked at the dead alt. to see what has failed in them?
    Dennean Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2004, 04:41 AM
    Re: constant blown altanators
    Hmmm, Ive heard of starter motors constantly burning out, but not alternators.
    Maybe something is touching the live terminal on it & is blowing it? Similar to when something touches the starter motor live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant pressure kitchen sprayer [ 7 Answers ]

I'm looking for a sprayer(such as a kitchen sink sprayer) to connect to a Reverse Osmosis filter to rinse my hair, (we have a salty well) I have a variable speed aux. pump installed to supply this sprayer and my ice maker. I'm having a hard time coming up with a sprayer that will take continuous...

Motion with constant acceleration [ 2 Answers ]

Someone is driving through a town at 12.0 m/s when suddenly a ball rolls out in front of them. You apply the brakes and begin decelerating at 3.5 m/s^2. a- How far do you travel before stopping? b- when you have traveled only half the distance in part (a), is the speed 6.0 m/s, greater than, or...

Blown gasket or blown cilynder [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... lets get down to it... I know nothing about cars... I am 17 and a girl and my dad know about as much about cars as I do. Well here's what's happened with my '97 saturn SL1 in the past few weeks. ~My oil light comes on... I tell my dad and he tells me to check it. My boyfriend and I check...

Constant freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a few questions to ask I'm so unhappy with my Windows Me recently. It freezes 10 or 15 minutes after the computer is turned on. No matter if I'm on the net or just playying boring card games, it just freezes. I try ctrl+ alt+ delete to close the program that is not responding but I...

View more questions Search