Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: Are you, or will you be, vaccinated against Covid-19 ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

0 0%
  • Yes

9 100.00%
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 1, 2021, 11:53 AM
    Private poll added for information.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 01:50 PM
    is there a 3rd for probably or maybe ? Or if not ,with those caveats in mind I will put yes I will be .But I am not vaxed yet . The last test done recently showed I have antibodies from my illness last year .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I am not vaxed yet . The last test done recently showed I have antibodies from my illness last year .

The CDC warns that people who have had the virus and people who have been vaccinated can still get Covid-19, and both can transmit the virus. For people who have already had the virus, the level of transmission is unknown. For people who are vaccinated, research shows their viral load is lower, reducing transmission.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 06:49 PM
    Thank you Dr Athos, I now no longer need to consult my GP on the matter.

The way out of this for all of us is mandatory mask wearing, mandatory distancing, mandatory vaccination and mandatory restrictions on travel. What has spread the virus more than anything else is travel, and stupid gatherings
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Thank you Dr Athos, I now no longer need to consult my GP on the matter.

You're welcome - I'll send you my bill in the morning.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 09:16 PM
    refer it to medicare, they pay all my consultations
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2021, 03:16 AM
    CDC becoming one of the least credible sources . Give them another couple of days and their contradictory guidelines will be reversed or amended again. The White House is pushing back against the CDC and the compliant press over the news from Mass, So expect the CDC to revise their comments or clarify their comments to fall in line with Quid's playbook .

I see what is happening here . We are moving from vax recommendationsand persuasion to vax coercion and mandates . The headlines read the CDC says the "war has changed " . Their over heated rhetoric is designed to change my mind <sarc>
    The first step in the mandate is to threaten people's livelihood . In that effort the government has recruited allies in the shadow state private industry . Government mandates cannot be far behind even though Roberts in the Obamacare case wrote “Construing the Commerce Clause to permit Congress to regulate individuals precisely because they are doing nothing would open a new and potentially vast domain to congressional authority.”

It still comes down to the idea that governments think that liberty can be suspended when governments decide it is a public safety issue.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2021, 04:08 AM
    If they try to make the vax compulsory, it is going to be trouble. There are a lot of people out there who still value liberty.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2021, 04:22 AM
    When we began winding down restrictions there were far more people dying from covid than are today.
    Despite ‘Delta’ Alarmism, US COVID Deaths Are at Lowest Level Since March 2020, Harvard and Stanford Professors Explain - Foundation for Economic Education (fee.org)

Roughly half the country has been vaccinated .85% of the vulnerable over 65 crowd has been vaxed.

“By immunizing the elderly and many other vulnerable people, we have provided them with excellent protection against severe disease in case they get infected. Also contributing is widespread natural immunity from recovered COVID patients. Though cases may rise, deaths will no longer follow in proportion. "

Of course, proponents of big government and government officials themselves will be the last ones to acknowledge the reality that the most dangerous phase of this pandemic has long since come to an end in the US. Why? Because the rhetoric of “emergency” and “crisis” is the government’s favorite tool to use in expanding and maintaining its power over our lives.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2021, 04:29 AM
    Ben I want to thank you. If I expressed contrary views on FakeBook or Twitter i would've already been cancelled .
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2021, 04:33 AM
    Of course, proponents of big government and government officials themselves will be the last ones to acknowledge the reality that the most dangerous phase of this pandemic has long since come to an end in the US. Why? Because the rhetoric of “emergency” and “crisis” is the government’s favorite tool to use in expanding and maintaining its power over our lives.
    Exactly correct. Best data I could find is from Great Britain where cases have spiked greatly, but deaths remain very low. This same trend is true in many states here. With most of the older folks vaccinated, the new cases are likely in younger people whose risk of death is very, very low.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2021, 04:48 AM
    With most of the older folks vaccinated, the new cases are likely in younger people whose risk of death is very, very low.
    That is what I have heard is the situation in Florida .It is the 25-40 year old that are spiking .
    BossMan

Aug 2, 2021, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Exactly correct. Best data I could find is from Great Britain where cases have spiked greatly, but deaths remain very low. This same trend is true in many states here. With most of the older folks vaccinated, the new cases are likely in younger people whose risk of death is very, very low.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
    What has really helped with the latest UK wave is a high uptake of vaccinations, so while people do get infected the effects are generally mild with low hospitalisations and deaths.
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2021, 05:25 AM
    So you are saying that the vaccine is being given to people who then get sick anyway but not so sick as they would have been?

I don't think your statement is entirely correct. The number of new cases was well over 40K per day for a number of days. If all those people had been vaccinated, then the vaccine is plainly not as effective in preventing the disease as we had hoped. I imagine that Tom's point about the age range of those being infected is probably the best explanation of the dramatically lower death rate.

But I do see your point. It does seem to be true that the vaccine, if not preventing Covid, does seem to make an infection not as dangerous as it might have been.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2021, 06:53 AM
    Yes vaccines do that, no vaccine is 100% effective although the H1N1 vaccines I have been given in recent years appear very effective but then they have had years to perfect it
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2021, 09:02 AM
    and the H1N1 needs annual boosters because of mutations . Again evolution . The H1N1 isnot as deadly except for high risk people . There are no mandates ;even in schools for the annual outbreak .
    BossMan

Aug 2, 2021, 09:12 AM
    So you are saying that the vaccine is being given to people who then get sick anyway but not so sick as they would have been?

I don't think your statement is entirely correct. The number of new cases was well over 40K per day for a number of days. If all those people had been vaccinated, then the vaccine is plainly not as effective in preventing the disease as we had hoped. I imagine that Tom's point about the age range of those being infected is probably the best explanation of the dramatically lower death rate.

But I do see your point. It does seem to be true that the vaccine, if not preventing Covid, does seem to make an infection not as dangerous as it might have been.
    As 'clete points out that's how these vaccines work.
    Most of the current crop of positive infections are classed as asymptomatic, ie infected, but not displaying symptoms.
    Our Tack and Trace systems has caused a pingmageddon with recent large scale events, so people have been testing to see if they really do need to isolate for 10 days.
    This has had a knock on effect all of it's own.
    BossMan

Aug 2, 2021, 09:25 AM
    Worth a read: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57889961
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2021, 10:08 AM
    As 'clete points out that's how these vaccines work.
    They're advertised as being 90-95% effective. I assume "effective" means they prevent the disease. Perhaps not.
    BossMan

Aug 2, 2021, 10:35 AM
    They're advertised as being 90-95% effective. I assume "effective" means they prevent the disease. Perhaps not.
    90-95% effective in reducing symptoms, which they do very well.
    Remember asymptomatic people, while infected, are not actually unwell with this disease..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is refusing to confirm Gorsuch the same as REFUSING to meet with Garland??? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello: Left wingers certainly think so. excon

Tdap vaccination [ 0 Answers ]

My immunization clinic gave me a tdap vaccination today. When I got home, I was reviewing my shot record and realized that I received the same vaccine two years ago. The recommended interval is 10 years. Should I be concerned?

Is it OK to have a flu vaccination while breastfeeding [ 1 Answers ]

There will be a general checkup for tomorrow and each one should have a flu vaccination I'm a breast feeding mother so I'm worried that it could might affect my baby.. is it OK to have a vaccination...

Vaccination [ 1 Answers ]

My son received a vaccination when he was about 1 1/2 the nurse had mentioned to me that some parents think the shot leaves a mark that resembles a freckle on the skin. She assured me that it doesn't, but sure enough there it was. It grows as he grows and everything. Why did the vaccination give...

Chicken Pox and the Vaccination? [ 2 Answers ]

My son who is 14 1/2 months had what looked like the chicken pox about 3 weeks ago. I took him to the Emergency room and the Doctor there simply looked at them and said it was chicken pox. No blood work was done to confirm. I took him into get his shots and one of them was the Chicken Pox...

View more questions Search