Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neena03 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 01:03 PM
    No notification of any hearing
    I am in need of any information that you might have out there about the rights that we have pertaining to child support hearings.
    I have heard from my ex that a ruling was made against me, and have gone on the court website for public information in my name. I did conform that a judgment was made, but have NEVER received anything from the court, on a hearing or any judgment. This case is in the IOWA courts, more specifically Dubuque, IA.
    My ex's wife is keeping me from my son. They are telling the other children in the home to tell me that my son isn't there, and then hear him in the background saying that "yes I am".
    I have talked to a lawyer in IN, and I know that I can sue this girl for- attempting to alienate me from my child. But, that is all that he can tell me because he isn't sure the differences of the laws between the states.
    I have heard of a service call; Community Legal Network. I am somewhat skeptical on this, not sure how much a lawyer being paid on this type of basis would do...
    If anyone might have some info on this or any of the above questions, that would be greatly appreciated.
    I know that ultimately I will need to get a lawyer to solve this problem, but am just asking for any advise that you all might have.
    Thank you,
    Neena
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 01:52 PM
    First child support and visitation are not connected you can sue her in court for visitation rights and for being in contempt of the court order for visitation.

Next if she told the court she did not know where you where, then they would merely post notice of the hearing for legal notice. Or if she gave your old address and so on.

Lying is common in child custody cases, get used to it, you will have to also appeal the judgement for non notification and ask for a new hearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muffled hearing [ 4 Answers ]

Hello and thank you in advance to any help, 2 weeks ago I woke up with muffled hearing. I took some Sudafed and cleaned my ears with Similsan ear cleaning drops. The problem got better but then came back. I saw a doctor. She checked my ears. No wax and my inner ear color was good so likely...

Evidentiary hearing [ 7 Answers ]

My fiance' has been denied his court ordered visitation with his daughter for quite sometime now. We finally got a court date set and it is November 8th. It's an evidentiary hearing so his ex will have to (I'm assuming) show cause as to why she has denied all visitation. Has anyone gone through...

Probation Hearing [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been browsing through the forums and have seen some great advice, so I would like to post my situation in hopes of receiving some of that advice myself. Rather typical situation as the other threads that have popped up on here. I am on probation. 6 years. I wrote 2 false...

In prison for hearing [ 7 Answers ]

What happens when someone is in prison for a hearing?

View more questions Search