Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funsized924 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2011, 05:13 PM
    Why does sex hurt after the first time?
    I've always heard that my first time it will hurt, so I was somewhat prepared. The first time it hurt so badly that we had to stop but I knew that the hymen broke. But my boyfriend and I have tried again 2 other times and I get such excruciating pain once he goes in maybe 3 inches that I've forced him to stop. Is that normal?.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 23, 2011, 05:19 PM
    May I ask your ages please? Our advice will differ depending on ages.
    funsized924 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2011, 08:38 PM
    I'm 19.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 05:36 AM
    There can be several reasons for the pain.

The hymen may still be stretching/tearing.

You may be expecting the pain and your body is tightening up causing more discomfort.

You may not be feeling completely comfortable with having sex. It could be environmental such as the room is too cold or hot. It could be distractions such as worry about being interrupted. Even a concern about possible pregnancy can cause your body to react even if you aren't consciously thinking about it.

It may be that you aren't fully aroused. You may be trying to move on to penetration before your body is ready for it. It takes a while for the female to get fully aroused and prepared for intercourse. If you aren't taking time and getting mentally into it then your body may be telling you to slow down or change how you have foreplay. Using fingers (make certain they are clean and nails are smooth) to stretch might help.

If you don't already have one, you might think about getting a vibrator and seeing if you have the same issues with it as you do with your boyfriend. It can allow you to try different angles and control the depth to see if the pain occurs only at certain points. It can also help stretch and get your body to be receptive to penetration. Vibrators and adult toys are great for experimenting (remember to keep them clean) and for mutual pleasure.

If you are still experiencing pain, you need to see your gynecologist. There could be a medical reason.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 2, 2011, 07:28 AM
    You may not be lubricated enough.

It was months before I knew exactly how long I needed to be aroused for to be fully lubricated for sex. Also, after I lost my virginity, it was about 7-8 sex sessions before it wasn't painful to enter.

It's just something you have to get used to. Like bikini waxing!

X Dani

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does having sex hurt for the first time? [ 26 Answers ]

I been with my boyfriend for 2 years and we may be a bit young but I no I'm ready for it but I'm just scared of how much it will hurt somebody tell me how much it hurt's (I LOVE HIM SO MUCH) and I no he want to have sex.

Will sex hurt for the first time? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a 13 year old boy, I never had sex. But I've gotten all type of other stuff. But now me and my girlfriend think the is time to take the next step of our relationship, I know it hurts for girls, but does it hurt for boys to? And if does hurt, how does hurt, like what part of your penis hurt....

Why does sex hurt after the 7th time? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had sex for about 7 times now and it still pains my vagina when I'm finished. Why is this so?? ///

Does having sex for the first time hurt? [ 31 Answers ]

- - -> Does having sex for the first time hurt? I'm so terrified that'll it will hurt that I've managed to keep my boyfriend off me for the time being, I'm just wondering if someone could describe the amount of pain a women goes through? No detail's lol I'm just terrified and would like to know....

View more questions Search