Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lonnie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Arc welding methods
    I see electric welds with names that leave me wondering if I'm missing out on something I should have in my shop.

What do the terms "flux", "mig" etc mean and what are the features of them?

Thanks! Lonnie
    wolfboy Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Oct 29, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Here is a web site that should help you figure out the answers.

http://www.weldingengineer.com/
    luggit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 07:09 AM
    Flux is a tern used to describe the coating on a filer rod. That is if your stick welding. As far as your shop is concerned what kind of things you will you be working with? Steel, stainless steel, aluminum. What is your skill level with welding?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Need answers for Underwater Welding! [ 7 Answers ]

Underwater Welding -Qualifications- *What type of a person do employers of this job normally hire? -Availability- *What type of orginizations employ this job title? Are these orginizations found in Minnisota, or whould I have to move? -Salary- *What does a person starting in this field earn?...

Depreciation Methods [ 3 Answers ]

On January 1, 2003, Eiger Company Purchased A New Piece Of Machinery. The Machine Cost $200,000. Optional Equipment For The Machine Was Also Purchased At A Cost Of $14,000. The Manufacturer Charged $1,400 To Install The Option. The Estimated Life Of The Machine Was 7 Years And The Estimated...

Underwater welding [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder I heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. that's 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare?? Were is the most money?

ARC fault breakers ? [ 4 Answers ]

I see where the 2005 NEC requires ARC fault breakers on all bedroom circuits,lighting and wall recepticals. It appears that this is for new construction. Would this also apply to rewiring an old house? Thanks in advance. Tom

Arc fault breakers [ 4 Answers ]

I am wiring bedrooms and I know that in California the outlets need to be on an arc fault breaker. 2 questions 1. would there be any problem in wiring a couple of recess lights in the bedrooms on the same circuit with the outlets? 2. There is an outlet in the hallway opposite and outlet in...

View more questions Search