Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KLGROOMER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Are melaleuca products 100% organic?
    Are meleleuca products 100% organic including the nicole miller make-up line?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KLGROOMER
    are meleleuca products 100% organic including the nicole miller make-up line?
    Meleleuca is tea tree oil so I guess it is l00% organic but can say about the nicole miller line as I have never heard of it.

Tea tree oil is basically used for antibiotic treatment.
    redneckdiva Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2007, 10:56 AM
    All ingredients used to create Melaleuca's products are organic.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Redneck, did not want to disagree because you are new, but you should really site your information finding that product is organic. You can't just say it is with no back up.
    redneckdiva Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2007, 05:31 PM
    :o oops
    I called the Melaleuca's product line to find out what was in their products, 1-800-742-8094 that is where I learned that their products were made only with organic ingredients. Of course that still wasn't good enough to satisfy me.
    So, I also went to Melaleuca.com & checked out their product store & seen what their product label said & to see what the ingredients were.
    I then actually found a site Glossary - RM Barry Publications where it explains & defines the ingredients.
    There is also saferforyourhome.com where you can learn more about their products & how they are created. Which I did a lot of investigating before I made the decision to become a customer. :D
    bboboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 11:47 AM
    You can always call poison control for melaleuca ingredients, they have to be told for emergency purposes.
    susanbt Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2010, 04:12 PM
    Melaleuca ingredients are NOT ALL ORGANIC! I became a distributor several years ago, liked some of the cleaning products... then tried a few food products. Upon reading the FOOD labels, I found SUCRALOSE, an artificial sugar substitute, made with toxic chemicals, in one of the protein mixes. I also found other problematic ingredients in other products. I have a nutritional business (Juice Plus+) and I called the Melaleuca company, spoke with several representatives, some of whom were managers... and never received a satisfactory response about their artificial additives in their food products. I cancelled my distributorship and continue to warn others about their "Wellness" products. Susan B. Torlucci, [email protected] 908-490-0099
    bubbleandbee Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2011, 02:58 PM
    There is no such thing as a 100% organic makeup line under USDA NOP regulations. Melaleuca isn't even close. Check out the ingredients list on this product: http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore/Product.aspx?sku=3454 Methylparaben, propylparaben and talc!
    Blue3807 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 06:01 PM
    I love Melaleuca products and have been using them for years. I also have a degree in Integrative therapies and Nutrition and will have my MS in Health and Wellness by the spring. I am a stickler for health and natural products. I read labels extensively, study biochemical compositions, and their efficacy as well as safety. I can say that I have not come across an ingredient in Melaleuca's products which are more harmful than their competition, and I have yet to come across an ingredient that is not in some way naturally derived from a either a botanical substance, or found in nature somehow. For example, methylparaben and propylparaben are common substances found in fruit and other plants and are readily biodegradable by certain bacteria found in soil (i.e. mesophilic bacilli). There have been a growing number of concerns with parabens and human safety; I can say that I have not found sufficient proof in all of my years of study that botanically-derived parabens cause estrogen-sensitive tumors to form. I am neither confirming nor denying that they do, however, I understand that a potentially safe substance can become harmful in large quantities. A good example of this is salt, where a fine balance is required for optimum health.
    But in the end, if you find yourself complaining about a product, please cross your tees and tittle your I's before making a final determination of the product. This goes for anything on the market. And if you are truly dissatisfied, then boycott it, it is your right.
    AreEmBe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 08:53 PM
    "All ingredients used to create Melaleuca's products are organic." That's easy to say, but I need proof. I know on a couple of other websites, Melaleuca rates very poorly for people who have allergies. Unless there is a definitive and COMPLETE list of ingredients that are EASY to find, and not printed in microscopic text, then I don't "buy" the "organic" statement at all.
    Sharzzzzzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 11:00 AM
    I have used Melaleuca products and had an asthma attack while cleaning my bathroom... researched one of the ingredients to find it is a known airway irritant... I can't remember what the ingredient was but when I called the 1-800 line, they said that the ingredient was in there in such a small amount it shouldn't cause a reaction... my reply was, well it did, so what are you going to do about it? Nothing...
    Lalani DeVine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 11:06 PM
    Petroleum. Although Fda does NOT regulate the cosmetic industry (surprise!)Every ingredient still has an MSDS sheet... Material safety data sheet on it... and I know that petroleum is not good in the toxicology department!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Organic Gardening [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are going to start an organic garden... but need some direction. Since we are beginners, would anyone recommend a book that is highly useful for this great hobby? Now we aren't trying to grow a farm... just something to feed the family. Thanks... ;)

Organic chemist [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to complete my master degree in organic chemistry. After some time I will have to sit in interview.sometime I worry tell me that what kind of jobs I will face? What kind of questions may be asked in interview?

Organic Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the hydrolysis of 2-iodobutane give a single optical isomer as organic product whereas the hydrolysis of 2-methyl-2-iodohexane gives a mixture of 2 optical isomers?

Organic chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

How can 2-ethylcyclohexane be converted to 1-ethylcyclohexanol and 2-ethylcyclohexanol?

View more questions Search