Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andyrose Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Problem receiving one channel on new HDTV
    I just purchased a new Samsung, model LNT-4066F 40" 1080P HDTV. I hooked up the unit with HDMI cables, running between the TV and the Scientific Atlanta 8300 cable box. The cables are all tight. The coaxial cable coming from the wall and going to the cable box, is transmitting a strong signal, per the cable company, Time Warner. Every channel on the TV works perfectly, including all HD channels, with the exception of Discovery Channel HD. It works fine for a while, then I get a tile like effect on the screen, and periodically the screen and sound go out completely. It's ONLY on this channel. The cable company wants to come out to my house on Tuesday to make sure that all of the connections are tight. Since I've already checked everything, this seems like a waste of time. They claim that the Discovery Channel HD works fine in their office and that they've received no other complaints. How could one channel not work correctly, while all the others are fine? Wouldn't it have to be something outside of my house. I would think that either all the channels would work, or none of them would work. I have hundreds of channels that work just fine. It's only the Discovery Channel HD that has the problem. Please offer me some advice. Thank you.
    Vidking Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 06:53 PM
    I was thinking maybe the Discovery HD discovery channel doesn't broadcast in 1080P
    Maybe it's in 720i does the TV switch to that automaticaly? Or maybe the channel is just temporry not broadcating in hd at the moment. Also do you have another TV in the house that's on a different
    Channel? Once I had a TV on a different channel in another room the TV in the other room
    Black out because of the frequency or something, but this was analog TV though.
    Andyrose Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 07:39 PM
    It actually started to do the same thing on other channels, so the cable company is coming out tomorrow to fix the problem, whatever it may be. Thank you.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Verify all spliters have the inputs going to the inputs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do to adopt HDTV? [ 5 Answers ]

I've heard that I will be forced to buy an HD television under federal law? Is that true? What should I do about that? Should I buy some sort of converter? Should I wait until the last minute for prices of stuff to fall? There is a LOT of information about this online, but it's too much,...

HDTV Signal [ 2 Answers ]

I live in RI and my local digital cable provider does not offer an HD channel for FOX or ABC. I was wondering if there is an external antenna I can purchase that will hook into my HD ready TV to get the local HD programming? Or if there are any other options out there besides satellite...

View more questions Search