Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vincent99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Door bell wiring
    I recently replaced my front door bell because it kept going off without being pushed.
    When I removed the old one I noticed some type of diode or resistor thingy behind the button linking the two leads together. The new button did not come with this thingy. Now when I press the new button it starts to set off the chime but when I release the button the chime stops. Do I need the thingy on the back? And what is it exactly because I dropped the old one and can't find it now. Thank you.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2007, 02:46 AM
    Sounds like some sort of capacitor that the chime needs to continue chiming after the button has been released. Best I can offer is to find a button for that brand of chime. Is there a label inside the chime with the make and model number?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Millikin Door Kit needed in order to install storm door [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Milliken (may be mis-spelled) exterior door with two side light panels on both sides. I have purchased a Larson Storm Door for the front door. There is not enough depth between the two doors when measuring them - therefore I need to build the front door frame out. I need to know...

Door bell makes awful noise [ 1 Answers ]

How can you tell if your door bell is done working? And if so are they hard to replace? I am a single woman?

Door bell wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what the circuit of a door bell (front lighted button) no back door bell, how it is wired with four wires. Two solid blue and two blue/white. Four each on the transformer ane four on the bell transdusher. Two on the button, front door. How does this work?

Door Bell Ringer [ 5 Answers ]

I move to this House, and the door bell sound more like a alarm than a door bell( is extremely loud and irritating). The ringer brand is bticino (model 382321 made in Italy). I been looking to change this one to a more easy to listen chime or bell. But everything I found is an external bell box....

Door bell ringer replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing just the ringer part of the doorbell (the type of doorbell with a transformer). Should I shut off the electricity when doing this, or since they are low-voltage wires is it OK to install it with the electricity on? Or is this a stupid question ;) The way the electricians wired our...

View more questions Search