Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Midnightigwr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2015, 06:47 PM
    Finding my Dad
    When I was two I was taken away from my biological parents. I was soon adopted and I found my mom a year ago, but I want to know who my birth father was. I don't know much.

I've been trying to find him since I was 9 and I'm now 14. My adoptive parents say he is probably dead off a drug overdose, but I still want to know who my birth dad was.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 06:57 PM
    Your birth mom won't tell you?
    Midnightigwr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2015, 07:03 PM
    Nope. She lost contact with him just after my third birthday
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 07:19 PM
    But she knows his name? Maybe his family? his friends?

Once you know his name, search Facebook? I know there are other sites to search. Synnen, one of our long-time members, plus other members will have ideas. I'll message a few.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 09:51 PM
    At the age of 14 you will have to find him with the assistance of your adoptive parents. There is nothing we can do, ethically and legally, until you reach the age of 18.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2015, 02:52 AM
    I still have no idea, why people want to find the two people who had sex to create you. Parents are the people who stayed up with you at night, Helped you learn to ride a bike and so on.

At this point, wait till you are 18, and hire a PI to do a search. The name is way to common. If you knew what state the prison record was, you could check current prison records.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 31, 2015, 04:12 PM
    We cannot help a minor search. You need to enlist your adoptive parents to help you find him before you are 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Finding dad [ 4 Answers ]

This is a naïve question, but I have been looking for my dad and I can't find him. Do you know where I could find him, but I have to do it for free cause I don't have a lot of money. His name his name is Andrew Lawrence White, he is 41 and born in the month of January he is African American that's...

Finding my dad. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am 18 years old and I am looking for my father. I haven't seen or heard from him in over 15 years. I have a half brother, who I just recently found in August of 2007, that was my dads first wife's son. (He never paid child support for either of us.) We have since then kept in touch. He came...

Finding my dad [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for my dad I've been looking for my dad for a number of years now and I've had no luck I don't want to get old and not no who e is as I am onli 17 it would be nice 2 finally meey him and my siblings but I have now ran out of ideas to find him ANY HELP Siobean

Finding my dad [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Jason Tackett but in 1968 I was know as Jason Davis and my father name is Jamie Lee Davis. Iam trying to find him if any can help me find my dad I would so happy.

Finding my dad [ 1 Answers ]

My mum slit from my dad before she new she was pregnant I'm now 32 and she told me that by the time she told him he didn't believe I was his child I'm now in two minds as to go looking for him I no his name and his old address but am scared of what may happen any ideas??

View more questions Search