Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Epic2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Gecko eggs, which way is up?
    Hi. I found 2 gecko eggs under a trash bag in my gargage, and I've been reading that in order to save &/or hatch them, they need to be facing up? But since they were accidentally moved when I moved trash bag, I have no idea which way they were originally facing :( , I'd really love to save & hatch them, that'd be awsome! Didn't know if there was any way to tell which part needs to be facing up, maybe the natural way they roll over? Anything? So for now, I put them in a small box w/some dirt back into the garage where they'll be warm & hopefully safer. And I'm pretty sure they're fertile, they are a little heavy & are dark looking on the inside of the shell & when laid on a flat surface they roll over naturally to one side. :) . Any ideas would help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic2000 View Post
    Hi. I found 2 gecko eggs under a trash bag in my gargage, and I've been reading that in order to save &/or hatch them, they need to be facing up? But since they were accidently moved when I moved trash bag, I have no idea which way they were originally facing :( , I'd really love to save & hatch them, that'd be awsome! Didn't know if there was any way to tell which part needs to be facing up, maybe the natural way they roll over? Anything?? So for now, I put them in a small box w/some dirt back into the garage where they'll be warm & hopefully safer. And I'm pretty sure they're fertile, they are a little heavy & are dark looking on the inside of the shell & when laid on a flat surface they roll over naturally to one side. :) . Any ideas would help.

Put them on the side they naturally roll to.

Are you aware that this is somewhat complicated? http://www.albeysreptiles.com/incubate-eggs.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

How to incubate House Gecko eggs? [ 0 Answers ]

My common house gecko laid 2 eggs tonight! We thought we were buying two females, but one turned out to be male LOL! We are so excited about the little ones! I have been searching online for info on how to care for the eggs, but all the sites say the same 2 sentences. I need more than 2...

Gecko poisen [ 5 Answers ]

So I am in Africa right now and we have a hugh gecko problem in our house they are everywhere and they leave their feces behind, I need a poisen that will kill them fast. Does anyone know where I can buy it, please help thanks

Leopard Gecko [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone heard of not feeding your reptiles crickets that are found wild? I know some insects' exoskeleton can be too hard to digest. But someone told me the other day the Gecko could get worms? I just thought this was weird. I know large constrictors can get tapeworms from the mice or rats, but...

View more questions Search