Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kallai13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Old late 70's, early 80's fantasy animated movie.D&D based?
    I would like to find the name to this movie. All that I remember of it is that it starts in a bookstore, a young man, with glasses does or purchases something there that ends up taking him to a fantasy land. If I remember right, it has a D&D feel to it, as though he was playing the game and ended up going there. But of course he meets a girl, he ends up going home without the girl and is sad but when he gets to the bookstore, she's there waiting for him in modern clothing. That's all I remember of it, the beginning and the end. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    DerringerMeryl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 01:55 PM
    I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question.

But in fact, I'm fairly certain that I'm looking for the same Movie.

There was an ogre, was there not?
    DerringerMeryl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Hey. I found it. At least I found the one I was looking for.
    Flight of Dragons.

The opening sequence is on YouTube. Check it out and see if that's the one you're looking for!!
    Kallai13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Holy crap, thank you very very much. I do believe that this is it. It's been so long since I've seen it but the clips on YouTube really brought it back. Again, thank you very much and I'm glad you found it as well.
    Michael_Gentry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 01:47 AM
    Look up comic series called "DEN". I don't remember the name of the comic book my uncle showed me, but it was thick, main characters name was Den or ?Dan maybe uncle dan, transported into a crazy fantasy adventure realm with nakedness, violence and really intense artwork. I believe that John Candy was the voice of Den in the animated version. I remebered something called the locnar and that's how I found it.

Jan 23, 2012, 01:55 AM
    Segment in animated movie heavy metal with Den, I really have to find that awesome paperback story with all the cool artwork . The book was like probably and inch thick or more, not thin like your typical comic book

Jan 23, 2012, 02:08 AM
    Cool! I found it. It was the paperback called NeverWhere (1978) by the author Richard Corben. There was a short animated version released in 1968 also called NeverWhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 70's early 80's made for TV fantasy movie [ 7 Answers ]

There was a made for TV fantasy movie that came out around the Clash of Titans release. It had the main character was a dark haired younger guy who had a bow and arrow that shot these energy like arrows. The "love interest" for him was the typical damsel in distress type. I want to say that...

Late 70's / Early 80's Fantasy Movie [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of a late 70's / early 80's fantasy movie where a boy is on a boat and he stabs through the floor of the boat and it turns out that the boat is strapped to the head of a giant. The giant then submerges out of the water and begins walking on land. This was the only vague...

Late 70's early 80's animated movie [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of an animated movie. It's about good and evil. The good side has fairies and jovial creatures of that nature. And the evil side is an army of killing robots. They are fighting each other until one day one of the robots turns side. He helps them fight the evil army. ...

Animated move from late 70's or early 80's [ 2 Answers ]

I've been searching the internet for years trying to find this movie that I watched one time when I was very young. I watched it in the mid 80's, but it could be as old as the 70's. I don't remember much except the end. I do know that it involved two kinds of fairies (I think), a boy and a...

View more questions Search