Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    La Honda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain
    The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 12:06 PM
    You should not need to drop the fan for this repair. Remove the bottom cap, or light fixture it there is one. You'll see the switch inside attached with a thumb nut on the outside. Remove the nut, push the switch inside and it should be exposed enough to remove the wire nuts attaching it. Of course all of this should be done with the breaker and the switch off. The pull switch replacement is a coommon item in the ceiling fan isle at most home stores.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 04:58 PM
    The hard part is getting the exact replacement switch, many look alike. I would contact Hampton Bay and have them send you one. It should be under warranty.

Ceiling fan pull chain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed problem [ 3 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Delano model) was professionally installed and worked as advertised. Last time I turned it on, however, I found it only worked on high speed. The remote will turn it on/off and reverse it. I hear something from the fan (a click) when I push the "slow" button, but it...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Pull Chain [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so I got a little huffy last night holding the baby and toys while trying to find the number online to call ahead for seating at Texas Roadhouse. I pulled too hard on the fan pull chain and sure enough it broke off at the start of the chain, I was sad to see the connector piece attached to...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Light Chain came out [ 3 Answers ]

OK, this seems really simple but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a pretty basic Hampton Bay ceiling fan in my bedroom. In the center, there is a small hole with a chain coming out for the light. One day I pulled it and it came off the fan. I opened the fan and see the wiring, etc. but...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan 3-speed failure [ 1 Answers ]

One of our 3 speed fans suddenly only has one speed-slow. Any suggestions or comments to help us. It's HOT

View more questions Search