Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    obiwanjcob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 07:43 PM
    Hampton Bay Fan Light Remote Problems
    I have a Hampton Bay Redington II Pinnacle Fan with light kit. It was installed a few years ago, and the fan works fine, but the light has never worked with the remote. The store replaced the remote, but this one doesn't work either. We can turn the light on and off with the wall switch, but that essentially defeats the purpose as the fan can only be used with the light on. The remote only controls the fan. No dimmer, no anything. I've taken the housing off and everything appears to be connected and wired properly. My only guess is that the sensor unit is defective. Home Depot doesn't seem interested in helping and doesn't carry such parts for replacement. Can anyone tell me what options I have to fix the light?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2006, 09:47 PM
    Either the remote or receiver are defective. You can contact Hampton Bay for replacement parts, or return the entire fan to Home Depot for a replacement under warranty.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php
    rongdallas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2006, 04:34 PM
    I have had a problem similar to this one for some time. I followed the instructions to check the remote, No Red Light, so I thought about checking to see if the dip switches were the set correctly. I thought they were because the fan worked fine.
    I started to remove the fluorescent bulb and it lit up so I came to the conclusion that it was a bad plug and now I will have to wait to see if I have any future problems with this fan.
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2006, 10:04 PM
    No red light leads me to believe the problem is with the remote itself.
    Maureen Vaught Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 01:51 PM
    I have two remotes for my light in the bedroom. Neither one of them turn on the fan or light. I have replaced the batteries. What comes next?:confused:

Maureen
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 09:22 PM
    Did either of them work at one time? Which one, and what's changed since then? Anything?
    pgosling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 02:04 PM
    My remore for fan doesn't work how do I get a replacement
    pgosling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 02:06 PM

My remote for my fan is not working where can I get a replacement.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2010, 12:04 PM

What make/model is your fan?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Hampton Bay remote doesn't turn on light [ 8 Answers ]

I am in need of assistance, if possible. I recently bought a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan from Home Depot. I installed the fan according to the instructions. With the wall switch turned "on", the fan light comes on and the fan begins spinning; however, the remote will operate the fan and all...

Hampton bay fan remote works the speed not light [ 3 Answers ]

I installed this fan OK... it was fine for 2.5 years now the remote only works the fan speed. It does not work the lights. I removed the fan and checked connections which are good.Luckily the fans lights are in the on position and POWER is through a wall switch,that controls the lights. But I wish...

Hampton Bay Remote Won't Completely Turn Off Light [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just purchased two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remotes (Transmitter/Receiver). Model: 191-707. I wired one up in my living room and the other in the kitchen. I was able to turn my lights on/off and my fan too. They worked great or so I thought. When it got dark out I noticed that with the...

View more questions Search