Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluestar582000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Oxycodone in drug testing
    How long does it stay in your urine for drug tests?
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 13, 2007, 07:23 PM
    I have never really thought about that, but I take them from time to time. I guess I didn't think about it because they were prescribed for a briken wrist, but I never used them. I guess you had better have a good excues if you test positive
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 07:25 PM
    It all depends on what the strength is, how often you take it and for how long you take it.

It tends to build up in the bloodstream over time.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 04:13 AM
    When is your urine test? If it shows up positive, and you can prove you had a prescription, it should be no problem. However, 1/2 a pill only one time, should not show up at all.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 05:43 AM
    J9 is right all you have to do is say yes you took, so and so when you take the test, tell them it was a prescritpion from so and so doctor, the doctors office has the prescription records.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Mar 14, 2007, 05:50 AM
    It can also be an "opps" if your script is a very old one and you no longer needed the medication.
    The law calls that "drug abuse."
    Our narcotics do not belong to us even when we have paid for them. They are still legally supposed to be taken as prescribed and destroyed if we do not need then all. They are never to be taken for any other condition except as prescribed.
    I think this is harsh but it is true.
    pcholakis Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Sep 7, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestar582000
    How long does it stay in your urine for drug tests?
    Most urine tests DON'T screen for oxy.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Sep 9, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Random drug testing is the most common test used. As the name implies there can be any drug included in this test. I think that since oxys are becoming such a problem, that it may very well be included.
    Unlike POT, which is oil soluble, I believe oxys stay in your system a matter of days, but I wouldn't hazard a guess as to how many days.
    Good Luck.
    daveswoman4life Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jul 8, 2009, 12:29 AM
    It takes anywhere from 3-5 days to be completely out of your system. If it prescribed med then you won't have a problem at all. I take them but they are prescribed to me because of my cancer. If you take them on a daily basis then it takes much longer to get out of your system once you stop using them.
    charlesleeray Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 05:06 PM
    Hope your right j9

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant Drug Use [ 16 Answers ]

We rent a one bedroom downstairs flat to a young couple. My family and I live upstairs. The tenants signed a one year lease and moved in on July 1. The lease specified no smoking in the apartment. Beginning a few weeks after they moved in, we have smelled almost daily the odor of marijuana...

Codeine in oxycodone? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm allergic to codeine, and have the pain killer oxycodone. Is there codeine in oxycodone?

Drug Test [ 6 Answers ]

I am 19 years old, 5'11", about 130 lbs and have smoked weed for 1 and a half years prior to quit, I cut back to 2 hits a month for 1 month and for the past month and a half I have been clean of everything, I'm not big, I have a high metabolism, and I took a detox drink called ready clean, its for...

View more questions Search