Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    potmad200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2011, 04:59 AM
    How do I shake my brother off?
    Im in 8th grade and starting Marching Band. Next year I'm going to be in the same school as my brother. What I learned is my brother is a total nobody and does things thinking it won't effect how people think of him. So he comes running toward me with his arm open screeming "Maddy." So how do I get him to get away from me. I would ignore him but he looked like he was going to hug me. And I don't want to seem cheesie. Thanks! And no "He is your brother" things!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 24, 2011, 05:41 AM

When you post on an open forum you can't direct who will answer you... or how.

Your brother is a nobody and you're a big deal because you're in marching band? Have I got that right?

Have you tried talking to him about how his behavior in public embarrasses you?
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2011, 06:29 AM
    You should take a leaf out of his book! At least he doesn't care what people think of him.. wouldn't it be nice to not care about what people think of you? He is not a "nobody" he just doesn't think its important to act differently just to fit in with the crowd. That's a really good quality to have.
    fadedjade Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

May 28, 2011, 12:41 PM
    I know you've probably heard this a million times but honestly a couple years after you leave school you'll look back and think why in the world did I care what any of these people thought of me.

You see I was in the same school as my big brother, 2 years older than me, who by high school definition was a bit too School for Cool.. I would hate it when he came to talk to me and say something embarring SHAME JOB!. when I got out of school I realised how stupid and shallow I'd been... my friends still loved me even though I had a brother like that so why the hell did it matter?
    And you know what now my brother is a Doctor in the Army who earns WAAAYYYY more money and do way more cool things than those people who thought he was a loser in school.

But this isn't really about how people see your brother is it, its how they see you, if your comfortable with yourself, and have good self esteem you won't actually care what people think about you or your brother, so man up!

And for the record he is your brother and blood is thicker than water so really you should be sticking up for him
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 28, 2011, 01:13 PM

I am more concerned that OP thinks being in the Marching Band is a big deal and her brother is a nobody. Those are hateful words.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Younger brother runs through sliding glass doors while older brother watches [ 3 Answers ]

I saw this on TV a few months ago, started with a bunch of parents are having a house party, which takes place in the 60's . There are two younger boys who live at the house and they are running all over the place having fun. Parents tell them time for bed. Then I remember seeing the two...

Could I get a dna test from my brother to see if he really is my brother? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife had two boys to her ex but her ex will not except one of is sons as is yet he looks more like is father than is other son does so my wife wants to no if its possible for her eldist son to take a dna test with his brother to prove that he really is his brother.

Why do I shake? [ 3 Answers ]

Im 26. Ive been tested for diabetes and that came back negative - but every day at some point, my hands and my arms shake, I feel weak and as though the blood rushes from my body, I tend to suffer with panic attacks which I am starting to learn to control, so when I start to shake, as long as I...

Can't shake it off [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have had a unstable marriage over 8.5 yrs. Finally, as a result , we decided to separate for a while and possibly reconcilliate later on. This was agreeable to both of us until my father and step mother caught him in public with another woman. I was devastated! almost to the point...

View more questions Search