Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alindragomir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Samsung fridge coils in freezer are frozen
    My Samsung fridge model RS2556SH is only 3 years old and I am having problems with it cooling the fridge part, the freezer seems to be freezing okay. I took the back pain off the freezer and the evaporator coils are frozen. Do I let these defrost? Will that help the fridge cool again? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

May 31, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alindragomir
    My Samsung fridge model RS2556SH is only 3 years old and I am having problems with it cooling the fridge part, the freezer seems to be freezing okay. I took the back pain off the freezer and the evaporator coils are frozen. Do I let these defrost? Will that help the fridge cool again? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    Check the timer(or defrost relay) and defrost heater... when 1 of these components fail the evap would freeze... this information applied to most fridges

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to do forced defrost on Maytag fridge/freezer [ 3 Answers ]

I have maytag rsd2200eam side by side fridge. Fridge side had been getting warmer over a week now.. I cked airflow vents were free of ice.. Cleaned out fridge and freezer found ice on lower back wall of freezer and the evaporator coils frozen pretty solid.. But while emptying freezer I did find a...

Frozen coils, not cooling enough [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a GE - Hotpoint Side-by-side refrigerator that has frozen coils on the freezer side and not cooling enough on the fridge side. What do you think it could be. Thank you for your help. MJ

View more questions Search