Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ravenqueen123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2014, 10:02 PM
    Why does my friend lie and lie and then lie about her lies!!
    I've known this girl who I'm best friends with and all she does is lie. So a hare just happened to be in the field right where she was standing was tame and she sort of invisibly picked it up? A load of junk, I saw her.im just so stuck. A lie is probably going through her head now, it's stupid. Yesterday we fell out because she lied and when I said that she was lying, she lied about that! We keep having fall outs because of her lies. I need urgent help, and people tell me not to be friends with her but she's so dear as my friend! And I think it might have something to do with thinking she's small, for gods sake, she's ten and 128cm! But I think she's insecure about her height and lies and says she gets bullied! No one is ever mean to her about her size! And she's so not careful about her speech, either. Tall people are mean, so you're mean is no excuse, and it's horrible to listen to this pathetic trash. And people always ask me why I be friends with her, but she's such a good one!
    Please help! I'm only ten and she's one of two of my only friends!
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jun 28, 2014, 01:01 AM
    Where there is a lie, there is no friendship! In fact friendship itself is a lie in that kind of relationship! I hope u get that! U just need to be careful!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 28, 2014, 03:16 AM
    People who lie all the time are usually trying to cover up very intense insecurity. Why she is so insecure at age 10, who knows, but it might be because of the way her parents treat her, or maybe an older sibling... you know more about than we do! You tell us where you think it comes from.
    Once you decide someone is a good friend, despite their problems and faults, you need to accept who they are. You can try some gentle persuasion, but it may not work, especially right away. Give her a hug and tell her that you are her good friend and she doesn't have to lie to you, if she would like to try being truthful.
    And when she lies about something stupid like the hare in the field, just laugh it off. For serious lies that might hurt someone, talk to her when you are alone. Again, be gentle. Tell her that lying isn't freedom; it's a trap, because there will always be someone who will know.
    When a small child first figures out how to lie, he or she will test it. Parents who make a big deal about it and get all upset and punish the child are not going about it the right way. Maybe that's what happened to her several years ago. We all lie in little ways, so be able to forgive her (as you are doing), but slowly show her that she doesn't have to.
    Consider it your 'job' as a good person!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 28, 2014, 04:33 AM
    Take a look at politics. You will see that there a people that are pathological liars. They would rather lie when the truth will serve them better. Let your friend run for office so you can benefit when she backstabs you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2014, 07:21 AM
    Does not sound like any real friendship, if they are lying all the time, and you are always having a falling out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am ruining my relationship with lies that I don't even have to lie about [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfreind and I have been together for a year now and I am continusly lying to her and the stuff I lie about is so little , but then she calls me out on it and I just lie again to get out of it , what kind of problem is this I need help I don't want to lose this girl and she doesn't deserve to...

Why does my best friend lie to me? [ 4 Answers ]

My closest friend and I hang out practically every weekend and have for the past two years. She mainly hangs out with just me, I have other friends I hang out with, but we always spend the most time with each other. Then, recently, this girl I don't even really know who apparently my best friend...

Why does he always lie to me ? He lies about everything [ 20 Answers ]

I just don't know where to start, il try and get the most important bits out. I went out with my ex boyfriend for a couple of months before he said that he couldn't give me the 100% that I deserved and that he still loved me etc etc. His friends warned me at the beginning of the relationship that...

Why did my best friend lie to me [ 3 Answers ]

Why did my best friend lie to me...

Why does my friend jade lie to me [ 3 Answers ]

OK so... I have a friend call jade and she is lying to me and my friend toni and she's saying to me that she have sex with this boy and she didn't and we both go to this club call fresh and it's a overwright club but I don't need its just get me out the house for 12 days and she's was talking to my...

View more questions Search