Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Mar 9, 2009, 08:46 AM
    What to do at the movies?
    So I met this nice girl quite some time ago and we talked a lot and stuff... And then once she said she wanted to go out with me, and I was quite surprised, because I just wanted to be friends with her but I guess that somewhere deep under I liked her because I was like "Sure, where can I take you?" and she said she wanted to see this horror movie. Not sure what it's called right now, but according to what I have read it's real scary.

Yeah, so I'm glad I can take her out on a date but I am not quite sure what to do, I am scared of awkward situations. Also, why do you think she wanted to see that horror, she's not really the type that would be into this stuff.

We are both 15, I am really looking forward to the event but I really don't know what to do, what to say, how to act etc.

Would someone please help me?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 08:52 AM

Obviously, she is the type that would be into this. You may have misjudged her. I've often been told by men that I don't seem to be the type that would (Fill In the Blank), but they were always wrong.

Or else she suggested the movie because she thought you'd be more likely to say yes. You are thinking she wants to be scared and need to be held maybe? Could be. Think about what you want in this situation and let that be your guide. Keep things light. You are just going to a movie. Suggest a soft drink or something afterward and talk for a while. Then date over. No rush!
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Mar 9, 2009, 09:04 AM
    I'll do that, sounds reasonable. I was wondering why she wanted that movie, because she once told me that she DID NOT like that stuff... Oh well.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 09:15 AM

She's probably nervous too. If you are still curious about this after the movie, ask her in a friendly way. Smile while you are saying, "I thought you said once you didn't like horror movies, so I was surprised you suggested this." But make it clear that you are asking because you are interested in HER not because you are trying to trip her up. You don't want to make her feel defensive and uncomfortable. People do say things they don't mean sometimes or maybe she meant a different kind of movie. I only recently discovered myself that a lot of horror movies are actually funny!

Have fun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two movies [ 3 Answers ]

I did ask about one of these movies before, but I thought I try again I believe this was a kids movie. All that I can remember was that this kid being locked in his room because he kept sneaking out of the house to visit to older man who fixed planes. I can only remember the scene where he is...

Name of some movies [ 1 Answers ]

Hii I want to know names of some horror-adult hollywood movies which are recently released... Saikat panja

Movies, great movies cause I'm bored [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone knows a movie similar to the devil wears prada?

Need help on two movies [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I need help on 2 movies. I'm 27 years old so I know these movies were on in the 80's and I saw them on hbo. The first movie/show is about a boy/man who has these jim henson type monsters vist him and they start singing and doing various things. All I can rememeber is that the movie set...

Sci fi movies of the 80s [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out an old movie there was a huge fortress that was holding the girlfriend of the hero, there was an old woman in a spider web with an hour glass with red sand a cyclops, flying clidesdale horses a forest with quick sand and at the end the hero killed the bad guy with a knife...

View more questions Search